1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So... I’m out. My journey...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by MichaelB, Nov 23, 2012.

1. MichaelB

So, my journey started in about August this year. I’ve always known I was a little different, like most people on this site I’m sure, but I was bullied very heavily from the ages between 11 – 14, all from males. I can safely say this completely warped and changed my process of acceptance. It was no longer about accepting myself, I think that part was easy for me, but more about accepting what happened to me. I still find it difficult to talk to blokes, and I’m often initially scared of them. But anyway...

I told my best friend in August. I told her everything, how I was bullied, the extent of it, and how scared I was of men. She just sat there and listened to it all and watched me cry (which if you knew me you know how awkward it would be. I don’t cry. I never cry. That was the first time in about 3 years that I’ve cried >_>), and eventually hugged me and said ‘I’m so sorry for what happened to you, but I’m so proud of you’. We didn’t say anything else about the matter, it wasn’t needed. We talk occasionally if I’m doing ok, but nothing’s changed at all, which I love. We’re still the same friends that we’ve always been.

I next told my other closest friend. She’s more emotional than the average person, so she did ALOT of crying during it all. She’s also a very curious person, so she asked some awkward questions. I think our friendship dynamic changed a little, but not for worse. She said she still loves me and accepts me.

Next I did it as a group as the other people weren’t as close to me. We’re still good friends, but not as close. It was mixed reactions, I told 4 girls and 2 guys at the same time. Both guys were mostly cool with it, and 3 of the girls were happy for me. One of the girls however kicked a bit of a fuss about it, we didn’t talk, we didn’t have time to talk, and she’s avoided me mostly since. It still kinda hurts, even though it’s like 2 months later, but if she can’t accept me for who I am then I don’t need her, right?

Lastly, I told my closest male friend and longest friend (13 years of friendship). I told him over facebook 5 minutes ago, I couldn’t do it in real life. He’s VERY homophobic, and very open about it, and it saddens me to think that I’ve probably just lost a friend. I don’t know though, he might surprise me, but I doubt it. I’ll post his reaction, good or bad, here when he discovers his messages.

But mostly, I just wanted to express my happiness. I’m now open to the world as a homoromantic bisexual, and I’m proud of who I am! :grin:.

It's facebook offical and everything. Just sayin' :thumbsup:

2. MichaelB

He just said that.

Genuinally in shock. He's spent the last 5 years or what ever constantly gay bashing and all over being exceedingly homophobic, yet he responds with that...

WHY DID I WORRY SO MUCH?! I've literally been antagonizing over it for a good 3 months! Fuck man :l haha

3. TallButShort

TallButShort Guest

I'm so happy for you right now :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

Congrats Congrats You have a awesome friend :thumbsup:
    (*hug*)

---------- Post added 23rd Nov 2012 at 07:33 PM ----------

4. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Awesome response. :slight_smile: Congrats!

5. Ticklish Fish

Congratulations! LOL.

6. TheSeeker

Wonderful dude!! I am so happy and proud for you! I like what you said about your female friend, that if she doesn't accept you, you don't need her. It is very true. I have said this before, but I stand by it: If your friends do not know who you really are, then they aren't your friends; they are the friends of who they believe you to be.

If that girl never talks to you again, she was never your friend in the first place. Seems that otherwise you have found love and acceptance wherever you turn, even from the most unlikely sources. I am glad your good friend responded well on Facebook, who knows, maybe you can change his heart toward homosexuality and all the shades in between now that he actually knows someone who is...

Congratulations again, may your life bring you joy and relief!

Cheers,

The Seeker

7. MichaelB

Thank you everyone. It's been a long road, but I'm glad I'm at the end of the difficult bit. :lol:

8. LucasHiroshi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Congratz :slight_smile:
    you must be reli chuffed to have that friend!!