1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanksgiving Miracles

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by DhammaGamer, Nov 23, 2012.

1. DhammaGamer

So growing up I didn't really have any grandparents because my dads folks died before I was born, my mom's dad died when I was very young, and my mom's mom lives in florida and I've only seen her a few times in my life. My step-dad's parents have kind of been my surrogate grandparents for the last 15 years. At my moms yesterday I knew they would be coming for dinner and I was super super nervous about it. They are in their 80s and the wife especially is a staunch Christian.

Anyways, they walked in the house and I was sitting in the kitchen. I was shaking I was so nervous. The wife said a quick hi to me but I think she was kinda blown back a little bit. Then the husband stepped up on a walker and saw me and I said hi and he was like "so Miss, what should I call you now?" I said Tristen and he was like "well it's good to see you miss tristen! happy thanksgiving!" and he gave me a hug. I was floored and obviously extremely relieved.

Then we were sitting in the kitchen talking and stuff and suddenly he was like "Well I gotta say something about this whole change of yours" and I was scared he was going to say something possibly negative. He goes "I think you are a very pretty young woman!" I just busted up laughing and was like "oh my god I love you so much" and then when my brother was talking about shaving his face or something the husband said "you got a beautiful girl living with you!"

Suffice it to say I could not have been happier ever ever. He used feminine pronouns the whole time and hugged me when I was leaving. As I was leaving his wife hugged me and said "I hope you find happiness in your new life."

At my dads we all just hung out and talked and had a really good time. My dad posted on facebook and texted us that he thinks it was the happiest thanksgiving he has ever had.

Anyways, I just wanted to share this with everyone. A year ago I wanted to kill myself. I cannot believe how incredibly blessed I am. Thank god, thank buddha, thank heaven, I don't know who to thank I am just so so so happy. Love you all <3

-Tristen

2. Kat kanu

Thats amazing congratulations im so happy for you I wish I could jump through the computer and hug you

3. Ticklish Fish

Congratulations!

(you didn't talk about how good the food were :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

4. Bree

Wow! That's wonderful!

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am soooo happy to hear this! It's funny, but as people get into their sunset years, they often develop much more openness, understanding, and tolerance. I hear this theme repeated over and over, and I'm so glad it was true in your case.

You've been through a lot, and you're coming out on top. I'm really happy to hear that things are going so well for you!

6. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Holy cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What courage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really envious of you, I wish I had that kind of courage! And when he said

I almost cried!!! You inspire me to come out as well (well, I'm not ready yet, but I hope I'll be soon) to my family.

Congratulations(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

7. Nemo39122

Aww, congratulations. That's awesome. He sounds like a really sweet man. :slight_smile:

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome! It sounds like you had an awesome Thanksgiving! Congrats!

9. rday13

rday13 Guest

That's awesome! Congrats on an amazing Thanksgiving :slight_smile:
    May there be many, many more happy ones with your newfound grandparents in the future.

10. MixedNutz

Amazing! That's great congrats.