1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok, my own story.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Katness, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Katness

I have not posted for quite a while. But I missed this place so I came back. Hope you guys don't mind me coming back. I actually kind of left because I felt extremely idiotic at one point. Anyway, I kind of have two coming out stories. One which is where I came out to myself at quite a young age and the other to my family.

When I was 12, and I was in Westmead Hospital the first time (which was only for a day, for a suicide attempt). I was introduced to Dr. Sharon Taylor. I walked into her office looking at the floor with my arms folded not wanting to be there or talk when I heard this exquisite female voice with a very heavy English accent say "Hello Miss D......" (I refuse to put my last name) at that point I looked at her with a surprised look on my face which quickly dissolved into intense attraction. She had long dark hair and was well English, she was tall and long legged. And I found her damn gorgeous. That was one of my first inklings that I might be lesbian but at that point I didn't really pay attention. At that point though I merely thought "Oh well I have to stay now" so I did. Although she asked me at one point if I didn't feel like talking and I said no. So she said "thats ok, we can talk another day and she turned to my parents. So I was pretending not to look at her while she was distracted with my parents, only I was giving her the more then once over. Which I then thought "Kat, you do realise you are 12. But what harm is there in looking"

While I was there, the fact that I knew I am not heterosexual revealed itself in a more blunt, upfront manner. Practically whacked me upside the head unlike before with my English psychiatrist. I was trying to sleep one night. And couldn't so I turned on the TV above my bed and started surfing channels. And came across "Aliens" and I had loved that movie from when I was younger. So I decided to watch it. Then I couldn't concentrate because I was finding Ripley just damn sexy. And started daydreaming about getting to know her....amongst other things. But then I gave myself a talking to which lead straight to self acceptance. Went basically like this

"Kat, you have known since before you had these feelings that this is not wrong even though religious people tell you it is, besides the bible could have been mistranslated. I highly doubt God would be against a minority. And even though you live in a very religious neighborhood, you have no reason to suppress this. Besides it goes deeper then a physical reaction. And when it is time to tell your family, they will be fine as you know their feelings in matters like this. And you sure as hell know that from your suicide attempts life is too short to be repressed and oppressed. So go with it. No matter who you end up being. Be who you are meant to be and enjoy it. And enjoy Ripley in all her Alien arse kicking glory."

At that point, my crush.....well more like Sigourney Weaver stealing part of my heart happened. She still has it to this day. And since I was 15, Cate Blanchett has another part. But I have a very big heart.

2. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

lmfao good stuff! good times! glad you came back to the forums...thanks for sharing those storys ...made me laugh:icon_bigg :lol:

3. Astaroth

That was a great story, Kat! That was about how I felt when I finally gained self-acceptance... or I guess it was more self-awareness really. I never really thought of myself as wrong or bad. I just realized over time that I was different. But as Arby's says, "Different Is Good." :lol:

4. panda

Glad you came back!!

5. Katness

Thank you for the welcome back.

6. Rizpaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I figured it out when I was 11 and I accidentally spilled a water bottle on my best friend. I said sorry, but then I realized that he looked veeeeery nice with a wet t-shirt...:icon_wink

7. ccdd

ccdd Guest

That's a really good story - and I *so* agree with you about Sigourney Weaver in "Aliens". OMG. I didn't watch this film until recently (before I realised), and it was also one of those clicks that fell into place...

I too was about 12 when I got my first inklings; but I dismissed them as adolescent crushes...but they didn't stop...

Welcome back!! (why did you feel idiotic btw?) Good to see you again! :slight_smile: