1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christian Kamikazee

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Beebo, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Beebo

Hello, first of all, my name is Mike, and I just joined this site yesterday, :grin: and ive never had so much fun :grin:, wow... Im just recently out, and its quite a story, and honestly, the story is still kind of happening.... sooo I suppose I will keep you all posted on how it turns out, and I really could use some advice.

So I knew I was gay when I was 10 or 11, and I lived in the small north-Ontario, Canadian city of Sudbury. But the people there were sooo sketch about gay people, I would hear it in my friends when they talked, and in my parents, and family aswell. So I kept it in, and I kept trying to date girls-- and im sure I broke some hearts --to try and change the way I felt inside. In highschool, I started to hate myself: because to cover up my secret gay feelings, I started to make degrading comments to other gay people.
    I had no support system, because both of my parents, at the time, were suffering severely of a disease called Hypothyroidism (a disease that messes with your brain, and causes people to go insane, its completely un-noticeable except for all the anger). By the time the doctors had gotten to my parents, five years had passed, and they were considered clinically insane... I spent almost no time at all in my own house, scared sick of my parents. Luckily I had some amazing friends, who became like family to me; but I was so afraid of losing them too, so I couldn't come out to them. I was about 15 or 16 at this time.
    Then it got bad. My parents decided they wanted to move away.
    We ended up moving to a little town named Keswick, about 4 hours away from Sudbury, and for those of you who live in Ontario, it was a town just off lake simcoe.
    I was so alone, a kid, in grade 11, half way through highschool, pushed away from everything I had known, and into a school of 1700 kids... I was alone. Don't laugh, but I spent my lunches in the bathroom; too afraid to be seen as a loner.
    So one day, after about a month of bathroom lunches, a christian kid invited me out to hang out with his youth group, and I did. I became a christian, and I eventually led my parents to church, and they too became christians.
    Time passed, and I told a couple people I was gay, and everyone I told were okay about it... except one guy that I liked... he was a christian, and he told me I was sinning, and I would go to hell. That hurt alot... and I realized at that moment, I would not be accepted by christians, and in this new town, christian friends were almost all I had.
    QUICK DETAILS:
    1. My parents did not accept it (they found out when I was 16), and havent truly accepted it until now (Im 19).
    2. I ended up dropping out of highschool at 17 from the stress (which I went back to and finished)

So I had had enough of living a lie, and I decided the best way to come out, was to do it as fast as possible: FACEBOOK!!!

this was the message:
    So here it is...
    9:48pm January 06, 2008
    So ya, I'm gay, i figured u should all know :slight_smile:.
    NOT A JOKE.
    I still love god either way.
    this is hard. but i cant lie, living life as a lie is far worse than living life as an outcast. I hope u can understand, if you cant, thats fine, But this is who i am.

thanks for reading this.​

So that was 3 weeks ago :roflmao: . I dont think I've gotten one phone call in the last two weeks. My church pastor has threatened to kick me out of the church. I'm really alone... and yehh.... BUT HONESTLY<----- I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY and I have never felt so good about myself... :slight_smile:.

Thanks for reading, I could really use some advice.

Am I hurting God?

#1 Beebo, Feb 14, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  2. Psychedelic Bookmarks

no, you are not hurting god. god loves love. gay love is love. :slight_smile: congratulations on coming out, hun, (*hug*)

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    God created you to be the beautiful person that you are. IMHO, a loving God would not create somebody gay and then send them to hell for it. Congratulations on coming out.

4. Astaroth

The others above are exactly right. How could God possibly hate one of his creations? In fact, I believe the Bible even states that God still loves Lucifer! He was his greatest seraphic angel, after all. And if he can have sympathy for the devil, that's a good sign for us. :icon_bigg Congrats on coming out! It's an exciting time, isn't it?

5. Jim1454

WOW. What a story! I'm really touched - and I'm REALLY glad that you found this place. I'm not too far away from where you live. If you ever want to talk, just let me know. But it sounds like you're finding what other people have found...

That there is an extreme sense of freedom and happiness that comes along with coming out. I'm glad you're feeling as good as you are about it.

All the best, and don't hesitate to say so if you need help or someone to talk to.

6. Alex89

Welcome and good for you! Glad to see you're not letting anything let you down. =) Any christian that says you're going to hell or that God doesn't love you is a liar, the bible says that God loves everyone, and more specifically: love thy neighbour and do not judge people...some christians have forgotten those parts it seems, and take it upon themselves to place themselves on a pedestal above overs because "they're a better christian so they're a better person than you".

Be yourself, and don't let anyone take what makes you you away! =D

Welcome to EC, enjoy your stay. =)

7. panda

Very,Very brave Beebo!! Congratulations.I know Keswick.My Grandma had a cottage on Lake Simcoe.:welcome: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

8. biisme

that's great how you came out.

what denomination of christianity are you/is your church?

9. Beebo

Umm, im Baptist, but really, in the end, I am anything, cause the religion is like a sickness to me, but god is still the bomb.

anyways :grin:, im so glad to be here, I havent been able to stop smiling all day. wow. :slight_smile: im so thankful for EC. :grin: >.<

10. biisme

yay! smiling is good.

i was just thinking b/c i know for a fact that episcolpalians (what i am) have apologized for any past things they did against homosexuality, and they've said people have the right to choose, and they elected a gay priest.

so...not all christinaity is bad

11. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratz on coming out!! Especially because it must have been so difficult for you, ie being Christian etc. :grin: And welcome to EC.

12. Brett

Yeah, that's pretty tough.....:frowning2:
    I live in very Christian town too, and most of my friends are Christian, so I know how that feels. But I'm sure that they'll get over it. And if the don't,then they're the one going against their religion, not you! Jesus ate with the sinners (not that being gay is a sin, not at all!), and we're supposed to follow his example!!!

So srry for preaching............good luck, and CONGRATZ!