So I finally did it - I came out on FB!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Katelynn, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Katelynn

So, being trans, I of course, had my old FB page. Since today, Nov 25th, is my 9 month anniversary of starting hormone replacement therapy, I decided to finally take the plunge & come out on my old FB profile. Even tho many people I already came out to personally over the last year or so, there are still many more I havent told, so I felt this was the best way to tell the rest of them & explain why I have disappeared off of that profile. Here is what I posted:

OK, so obviously its been forever since Ive been on this FB page - and here is why. In a nutshell, or rather a bombshell, considering what I am about to tell you all, I came out as trans and as gay on June 29, 2011. Ive known I was female s
    ince I was 6, & Ive known I was gay since I was 12. Today, Sunday, November 25th, is officially the 9 month anniversary of me starting on hormone replacement therapy to become myself. Im attaching the pic with this announcement to show how far Ive come & who I am now. For those of my friends who already know & have been so supportive & wonderful for me, I thank God every day for all of you. For those who cant deal with this, dont bother leaving a rude or hateful or insenstive comment, just leave. So yep, thats where Ive been all this time!

Then I attached a pic of my profile pic, which is the same as my current avatar & profile pic here on EC. So here we go, guess Ill have to wait & see how it all goes!

2. lexi

lexi Guest

congratulations :slight_smile: I hope everything goes well :slight_smile: