1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who should I tell???

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by TotallyaGirl, Nov 25, 2012.

1. TotallyaGirl

TotallyaGirl Guest

Out of all the people I know, I only know of four I could really trust in coming out to, but I don't know if I should tell all of them or who to tell first. First there's a close friend of mine, and also my crush (she friendzoned me though) she's bisexual and very accepting of people, but telling her may ruin my chances. Theres her twin sister who is a good friend of mine, but doesn't like keeping secrets. There's another friend of mine, and she is also bi, really nice, and really accepting, but I don't think she'll take me seriously. Finally, there's my first guy crush, who goes out of his way to help people with their problems, but I don't know how he feels about lgbt issues. If anyone could offer me advice, that would be great :slight_smile:

2. HP7465213

If I were you, I wouldn't tell your crush or her sister yet. I would tell your other bi friend first. You may think that she won't take you seriously, but remember, she had to come out to people, and probably thought the same thing. I'm sure she would be very accepting, and take it just as seriously as you took it when she came out to you :slight_smile:

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! What leads you to believe that your friend who is bi, wouldn't take you seriously? From what you have described, and given the choices, I think she would be the best person to come out at this time. Alternatively, you could try coming out to your first ay crush. Maybe try involving him in a conversation beforehand on LGBT issues and see what he has to say. From his answers or statements you should have a good indication as to whether he would be a good person to come out to. :slight_smile:

4. TotallyaGirl

TotallyaGirl Guest

After thinking about it considering your input, I think she would be best to tell. I'm a little worried whether she'll take me seriously because I know she knows me as one of her more masculine friends. I think it's just me being pessimistic :/ Well I guess I'll find out when I get the guts to tell her.