1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Went Out on a Limb

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by AlexisAnne, Nov 26, 2012.

1. AlexisAnne

So there's this person I work with. I've worked with them for years now and I've been given extremely good reason in that time to believe that they might be Transgendered. We've talked before, and have had kind of a casual workplace friendship, but I haven't been able to bring myself to approach them about it.

Until last night.

I decided I was finally going to talk to them about it. I knew it was going to be a little awkward because, I mean come on, how do you really bring something like this up when you're not sure? Still, I seem to be all about taking chances and pressing forward these days, so I approached them while I was on break, and asked them to walk with me for a minute. When we were away from prying ears, I did it. I told them I was about to ask them something extremely personal and potentially awkward, but that I had an extremely good reason for doing so. I asked if they were Transgenderd, and told them that I was. They said that yes they were.

Now we've exchanged emails and are planning on discussing our situations. We're both excited about the prospect of having somebody to talk to in real life about this, and I'm hoping it goes well. I don't know that much about where they're at with this, and they said they had a lot of questions for me as well. I'd been wanting to approach them for quite some time about this now, and am so glad that I did. I know we have some things in common, so I'm hoping that this turns into a real friendship.

Really happy about how this went, and just thought I'd share :slight_smile:

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's really cool! It's always cool to find somebody that you can talk to face to face.

3. MixedNutz

That's awesome! Finding a friend to talk to is always a good thing.

4. Congrats on gathering the courage to approach them! I'm glad everything worked out, and hope that your correspondence goes well. :icon_bigg

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Taking a chance and risk like that takes a lot of guts/courage. I'm happy for you that the other person confirmed it, and that as a result you have potentially someone with whom you can exchange experiences, relate to and and talk about things.

Having someone to talk about experiences in real life, can make a huge difference. I hope this develops into a friendship for you, and that all will go well! :slight_smile:

6. wandering i

Wow, wonderful! I am so happy that now both of you have the opportunity to get to know each other and be supportive :slight_smile:

7. AlexisAnne

Thank you guys. I'm hopeful this will go well and benefit us both. Just glad I was right :slight_smile: How awkward would that have been :lol: