1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those late bloomers with families...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by CTJ, Nov 27, 2012.

1. CTJ

CTJ

This isn't my coming out story, but i didn't know exactly where to put the post. I just feel like i should share this story to give some courage to those with families and children who are struggling with their sexuality.

Basically at work (i work in a supermarket) we have a group of people who come in to the shop once a week to check the prices to compare them against other large supermarkets. Essentially their job is to go around and scan almost every item in the store, so it takes about 5 of them to do it. Anyway, i was casually doing my own stock taking and i overheard a conversation a group of them were having which made me smile:

A - you should just marry a gay guy, you'd never have to worry about it again.
    B - lol, i think i did
    C - My Mum did!
    B - Really?! Your dad is gay?
    C - Yeah, i dont think he realised until long after i was born
    A - isnt that awkward?
    C - At first yeah, but i'm just glad he is happy.

The conversation went on for a few minutes, but essentially this woman was saying she was proud of her dad for the bravery he had in coming out and that her mum still loves him for giving her a daughter.

The whole thing made me smile and think that it'd be nice to share, to show that the worst case scenario doesnt always happen.

2. aw, thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

3. truetomyself

truetomyself Guest

Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:
    I have two young children and have just come out to my husband. He is upset and I can understand why but I definitely feel a lot better in being truthful. I just hope that when my children are older they will understand and see that I am being honest and not living a lie.