1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came Out Nov. 29, 2012!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by mine, Nov 29, 2012.

1. mine

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I finally came out to my friend Diana this morning at like 2am lol. I can't believe after 24 years I finally accepted myself enough to tell the truth. Hopefully this will make it easier to come out to more people in the future. :slight_smile:. Thank everyone who gave me advice anf helped encourage me to get this far. :grin:

2. DJNay

From Joburg, SA but now live in Brisbane, Aus
    Congrats :grin:

3. rday13

rday13 Guest

Congratulations!
    Best of luck with coming out in the future :slight_smile:

4. 341

341 Guest

Yay, you did it!
    I'm guessing Diana is the girl you mentioned in your other post?

5. LiquidSwords

Good for you! It took me 21 years but I finally managed it, feels so much better now that I've actually told someone, now to tell more people!

6. mine

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No, surprisingly! It's my friend that's bisexual. After listening to you guys, I realized I should probably wait to tell the other girl because I was more unsure of her reaction. Diana is open to everything, so I know she wouldn't judge. Lol! I just don't know who to tell next? Thank u for all the advice! :icon_bigg

7. 341

341 Guest

Well I guess it's nice to have somebody that understands you, I'm lucky to have a gay step-brother but when he speaks with me it is always pretty explicit and awkward. So then we're onto step-two, have you got a coming-out list or somebody in mind you want to come out to?

8. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

AWESOME!
    Congratulations :slight_smile:

9. mine

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    See, I wish I had family that I could guarantee would support me. Actually, I do have a cousin that would and maybe my little brother. I could eventually tell them, but I don't know about the rest. I have a lot of family members who are homophobic and a little racist even. They're really old fashioned, so I'm really nervous about telling them. I haven't made a list yet. Is a list a good way to fully come out? By the way I'm loving the info. Lol!

10. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  11. mine

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you everyone! (!)

12. 341

341 Guest

Well if you wanted to do like a list of people, checking them off, everyone likes to come out their own way and in their own time. My coming out was very fast, too fast, I had to get help because I was developing almost a split personality.

Also when it comes to people accepting or not accepting you, just remember the people you don't accept you, you're better off without. Just surround yourself with people who care about you for being you.

13. mine

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Right, I'm just now starting to feel some anxiety about telling her. Wondering who she'll tell ... if she'll tell? I just keep reminding myself that if she judges or tells anyone else, there's nothing I can do about it and that I need to be ok with who I am. I'm also wondering if people will think I'm two faced since I've had boyfriends in the past. Just because I was trying to feel "normal". A lot of things are going through my mind, but I also have a sense of relief that it's not a secret anymore. I wish I had someone to talk to about all of these feelings. Lol. I'll just keep writing you guys on here! :grin:

14. 341

341 Guest

Trust me, nearly everybody has done the 'trying-to-be-normal' having a girlfriend/boyfriend. I was never considered two-faced by anybody and I was a little womaniser, I think people view it as 'no-longer' being two-faced if you understand what I mean?

15. mine

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Right, I hope that people do take it that way. Now, i'm like having a panic attack. Lol! The girl that I liked, I told Diana about her but I asked her not to say anything. Now I just got a cryptic text from the girl I like saying, "If you're drunk off love, I suggest you get over it." I think this might have something to do with what I said to Diana, because I was comparing love to being drunk. FML! What do I do? I just kinda want to lock myself in my room and never come out lol.

16. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

Congrats It will get easier i just started coming out too its the best feeling right

17. SparkDT

18. dano22

dano22 Guest

Congratulations for coming out on my birthday! LOL

19. TheFirstStep

Hey! I came out yesterday too! :grin:

20. The Queen Bee

Awesome, woman...
    I read your other posts...
    Coming out can be aldnjfashfiaushfiauh!! lol XD
    We've all been there...

It's always easier to come out to LGBT people... or LGBT friendly people (I mean Queer Heterosexuals/Straight Allies). In any case, whoever loves you... whoever is your true friend will remain such no matter what.
    The good thing is that your bi friend can help you figuring out certain things.

People saying that they're not OK with Queer or that it's disgusting and blah, blah, blah say more about them than about us. It can be frustrating at time, but this is something to remember.

Hopefully you grow more and more comfortable with each coming out.
    Eventually the "I'm gayer than a rainbow... Hell, yeah" feeling comes and it's just awesome... :grin: For me it took me to tell my close family and a couple of closest friends. Not too shabby... XD I can't complain...

You're on the right track.

Come out, come out... The weather is fine... :grin:

Also don't jump into conclussions. The text message... well, you don't know if she really knows or not. If she outted you, well... eff her!! Outing is a NO-NO and she should know that. Just wait and see... Maybe it's not what it seems...