1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should i come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by woundsneverheal, Dec 1, 2012.

1. so i am a 16 year old female and I've been questioning my sexuality for almost a year now and in this link , it just shows my feelings I've had for girls and guys...

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/support-advice/76201-if-only-i-understood.html

and basically....i don't want to come out then be wrong about it....because apparently , many 16 year old girls go through this phase and well....i just don't like looking stupid...

i don't if i should trust my feelings enough to make me come out to people also even if i was sure of sexuality , i still don't i could because ...i just don't see a point in it personally? i mean , if i know my sexuality...i don't see the point coming out to other people , i don't mean to seem rude. that's good...to come out to other people embracing your sexuality but i just couldn't but that's me so..

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! If you don't want to come out, you don't have to. You don't have to mention anything to anyone. :slight_smile:

That said, given that you are thinking about it (as evidenced by having created the thread), I suspect that a part of you wants to be able to talk, and perhaps even ask the question "how was it for you when you went through all of that confusion and not being sure what all the feelings meant?" Having questioned it for a year now, it would only fit for you wanting to talk about it, and try to get some answers.

When coming out, of course you don't need to say I am 'this' or 'that.' You can simply say "I'm questioning my sexual identity."

3. When coming out, of course you don't need to say I am 'this' or 'that.' You can simply say "I'm questioning my sexual identity."

well , i mean ...i have done that but my dad thinks i'm straight and he doesn't believe you can be bisexual anyways so..after i told him that , i felt...like ignored a little since he acted like it'd go away or that it wasn't a big deal...when to me questioning my sexuality was making me scared and feeling ignored after you say something like that to your dad wasn't helping any.

4. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Sorry to hear that your dad ignored it or didn't give it the significance that it actually has. Did you mention to your dad that questioning your sexual identity had made you feeling scared, and that having the feeling of being ignored is not helping with finding some reassurances?

5. no because i know him. if i told him that , he'd just call me a drama queen. he's always been this way...where if i tell him my feelings....he goes against me for some reason but whenever my sister does it who is 22 (in which i hate her) , he listens and comforts her. i hate my sister for that. sorry off topic

6. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe ask your dad, as to why he treats your sister differently from you. Obviously it has an impact on you how you see your relationship with him, and with your sister. (*hug*)

Sometimes, even just saying "I really don't like being treated differently or not taken seriously when I come to you with a problem," might already help for him to rethink his approach.

7. yeah but there's other reasons why i hate my sister....such as what she did to my mother and me when i was young and what she does to me now. she never keeps a secret. she calls me names...and i personally hate her personality altogether ...it's complete shit...and it needs an adjustment.

as for my dad. trust me. i've asked him and he says "i don't treat you any differently" but he does , he just won't admit because he's always been that way.
    my sister is smarter than me and it's always been this way...where she gets more credit because she gets perfect grades.....and my dad when i talk to him about a personal matter , he tells me to go talk to my sister and as much as i hate my sister...i've tried telling her about questioning my sexuality and it turns out ...where i don't even want to talk to her about it anymore because she believes i'm straight ...and no matter what questions i have or what feelings i say i have....she won't listen because she's a bitch and that'll never ever change. literally...you have no idea how much a bitch she is , i'm maturing and my whole life , me and my sister....had that relationship ..where we'd smile in photo's but never liked each other behind the photo....and now that i'm older....i can definitely see the faults and problems that she has and i've addressed them to her and she denies it like my dad...and won't confront them even though my family agree's with the points i've made out

---------- Post added 1st Dec 2012 at 02:36 PM ----------

i have problems of my own that i need to fix but at least i can recognize them admit to it but of course...nobody in my family does. my dads side of the family....always deny things
    and my moms side of the family....they don't deny anything but they just blame people for it...they acknowledge it but they pin the problem on someone else while my dads side of the family....acts like there's no problem at all.

8. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    It sounds like your family situation is kind of complicated. It also seems that you would really like to be able to tell someone and have them accept you for who you are. Do you have any friends that might understand or be accepting? Sometimes just being able to talk about your feelings with a friend is helpful, especially if you've been having those feelings for a long time. I know I feel a lot better after talking about it with my roommate!

9. no....not exactly. i mean they wouldn't care if i came out or not...but they never listen to me as much either. like it's like , they'll listen but they never care either way.