1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out is like bungee jumping...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Chloeles12, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Chloeles12

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It scary when you jump and you have one of three result- you throw up and never want to do it again, you don't really like or dislike it, or you jump around like a hyper five year old and want to do it again. At least it was for me.
    The first person was my sister. I came out to her first, her reaction was basically, whatever, I couldn't care less.
    Then I came out to my parents- back when I thought I was bi. I took the midnight email strategy, and I was given a reply full of one message- we love you no matter what, which was exactly what I needed to hear.
    My best friend was the first outside of my family. I came out in a note that said little more than 'I trust you, I'm gay'. The first time I saw her after was sort of an awkward passing smile, and we're back to how we normally were.
    Recently my parents found my Facebook, which outed me to them as gay, same response as before.
    There is a really nice girl in my French class, who I recently realized I've had a very obvious crush on for a year. She found out on facebook as well and told me that she was bi and she wouldn't judge me. I'm contemplating asking her out... I won't list the pros and cons here and now.
    So basically, every time I came out I had unrealistically good results. What that says about me, I have no idea.

2. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    I really like your bungee jumping analysis! It's great that you've had such good experiences with coming out. I've only come out to one person so far, but it was helpful and now I want to come out to more people.

3. MixedNutz

This is soo true. Great analogy.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think what it does say about you is that you took opportunities and chances when you felt it's time to come out, and probably have also learned one or two things about yourself in that process. Everyone, whether it be your family or friends, wants you to be comfortable and be you. Congratulations on your journey thus far. :slight_smile:

5. TheFirstStep

This is a fantastic analogy! I completely agree with the way you describe the whole Coming out process in accordance to bungee jumping. It was... And still is the same way for me when I come out to people. :slight_smile: