1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

came out.. to my boyfriend!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by lexi, Dec 3, 2012.

1. lexi

lexi Guest

Im currently in a heterosexual relationship- and i've been scarred to death that my boyfriend would break up with me if he found out i was bi.
    tonight we had a date (lasagna on my living room floor, how romantic) and he was talking about how he really thought our relationship could last- maybe until college, maybe throughout college, maybe even after. Honestly, i was so happy..

Then, he mentioned me being a lesbian (I have a joke about being married to my best (girl) friend). In the end he said that he would still love me, just because i was a lesbian doesnt mean that his oppinion of me would change. He said maybe i could just go have sex with someone else and he would get me the rest of the time (jokingly). I was so happy- I was basically through the roof. I jumped on him enthusiastically kissing him and telling him i loved him.

Later, I walked him to his truck, and while saying goodbye he continued to ask if there was something i wanted to talk about, or if i needed to tell him somthing. He reminded me that he could trust me. So i did. I did it. I trusted him, so i told him.

It went kinda like this:
    Im..um..ah...well...
    You can tell me
    Im.. not sure that... im entirely straight.
    ...Really?
    Um..yeah.
    Oh...
    I like guys! obviously!
    oh. Okay. *kiss*
    :grin:

After more disscussion, I told him that i knew i was attracted to guys... and maybe girls. he said that :
    a) its different with girls than guys, so if i do stuff with a girl he might not care.
    b) he still loves me
    c) he wont tell anybody
    d) its kind of attractive (lol...)

Im SOOOO happy :slight_smile: . Then, i got inside and my dad yelled at me for taking more than 5 minutes (We have a rule that i get a 5 minute goodbye...my dad thought we spent 20 minutes making out lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ) and i couldnt really explain because im not out to him, and "an important conversation" was not a good enough explanation... oops.

Well anyway.. Is there anything i should expect? Should i prepare myself for any questions later? thanks guys :slight_smile:

2. Ticklish Fish

um... Congratulations! lol

3. Rainbow Music

Well lexi, I'm sooooo proud of you. You know sometimes you just got to let it out. When I came out to my friend, he was VERY supportive. He said when I come out fully, if anybody gives me any crap, that he'll make sure a stop gets put to it.

4. starmarie

starmarie Guest

Congratulations! That's great!! :icon_bigg

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's absolutely fantastic that your boyfriend is so accepting and loves you in the way he does.

I think you can expect the relationship to grow, and you have made the foundations stronger because by coming out to him, you have indicated to him not only that you trust him, but also that you don't want to keep any secrets from him. :slight_smile:

6. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I find your story a bit strange, but also heartwarming and beautiful. You are very lucky. I wish all the best for your and your bf's happiness. Obviously, you bring out the best in each other. :slight_smile:

7. an0nchick

Well, at least you have beau. :frowning2: sigh.... Mazel Tov, Lexi.

8. lexi

lexi Guest

Thanks, I can't help wish I had a girlfriend sometimes though... Haha :slight_smile: I'm sure there is the perfect person out there just waiting to meet you :slight_smile:

9. Merino

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh wow, you even might have the grounds for an open relationship there :wink: I mean, if your boyfriend might not care if you tried stuff with a woman.

In all seriousness though, that is great :slight_smile: I'm sure you must feel really relieved and happy.

10. TheAMan

His reaction isn't totally surprising. Guys are typically more comfortable with girls being bisexual or lesbian. Still I'm very happy for you and hopefully your parents won't question you at all. :slight_smile:

11. Joey4

I've been waiting to read this one after the last inquiry.

Congrats. I don't have much advice to offer.

Now I'm waiting for the story about when you come out to your dad. Sounds like he wouldn't mind with that 5 minute rule he enforces and what not.

12. Zodavva

Naw that's really cute! :grin: ... It reminded me slightly of when I came out to my girlfriend... Even though we'd only been going out for less than a week? I was still really nervous about telling her because I was afraid she'd break up with me and i wasnt totally sure... Anyway, it turns out that she was bisexual as well :slight_smile:) so it was so perfect that we told each other... We've been together for a year now. :grin:

13. GDUSA

GDUSA Guest

awesome boyfriend you have. congrats! it's cool he opened up like that to you.

14. FemCasanova

A lot of boys find bisexuality attractive, lol! But I am glad on your behalf that it went so well. And that he is even almost accepting you might want a "female adventure" at some point. He seemed almost unnaturally accepting and nice, but that`s a great thing! All good luck to you and your relationship further :grin: It also seemed a bit like he suspected something like that, which just proves that at least you`ve got an observant and intelligent boyfriend :grin: