1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came Out To My "Friend" over Skype

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Lucy56, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Lucy56

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey, Yesterday I came Out To My Friend Over Skype,This Is The First Person I Have Come out to I dont think it went to well:

Me: Tasha I Need To Tell You Somthing And I Hope We Can Still Be Friends But I Cant Change Who I Am.

Tasha: Whats Going On? Are You Pregnant?

Me: No...

Tasha: Then What.

Me: Im Gay.im Sorry I Haven't told anyone Before And Please Dont Hate Me...I Cant Change Who I Am And Who I Love.

Tasha: YOUR GAY! No your not! Lol

Me: Yes I Am.Im Sorry

Tasha: How Can You Do This To Me! Your A Fag!! You Little Asshole.I Cant Be Your Friend Anymore Im Sorry...

*Tasha Goes Offline*

2. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really sorry that things ended up this way between you two. Unfortunately there's only two ways to go from here. You might have to let this person go from your life, just remember it's her loss and that you haven't done anything wrong. There is a possibility that she'll come around, but her reaction was quite strong, so that'll be a slim chance I'm afraid.

Just don't apologise to people when you come out is the advice I'd give for the future. You shouldn't have to be sorry for your sexuality. It's just a part of who you are, like hair colour, personality and all those things. I'm no expert, but I reckon a more positive approach to coming out could help you as well as those you're coming out to.

All the best!

3. Lucy56

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah It Sucks...I dont know why i said i was sorry but i just did i guess.Thankyou x

4. Renge

well she's a fag! -sorry for the word- what kind of friend is that..

5. 341

341 Guest

The first thing that popped into my head is "What a fucking bitch.", I hope this experience has not scared you coming out to more individuals; it really is a tiny minority that are this pathetic.

6. Mhin

In telling your friend who really you are is like making a test to them who really are the real one that will accept you for who really you are

7. theMaverick

You'll find out who you can count on in my very limited experience when you come out. Don't worry about her. She's a fucking bitch as has been said before. Your life is better off without people like that.

And yeah, don't apologize. Apologize if you are fessing up to breaking something. Don't apologize for being who you are.

8. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry this happen to you. I hope this doesn't prohibit you coming out to more people. Like what 341 said, the vast majority of people aren't like this. People may not fully be ok with this. Your friend is the one who is the fag. I'm sorry you went threw this.

9. Joey4

..doesn't sound like you've been friends with this person very long.

10. Lewis

What a bitch. She doesn't deserve you as a friend!

11. Bree

Never apologise blankly. You can apologise for not saying anything earlier, but you have to be specific. You don't have to apologise for being gay.

12. justgowithit

You are better than her

13. Chickenlover

...trees and rocks and rocks and trees and WATER!
    I'm really sorry that you got such a negative response on your first time. I hope that this doesn't make you scared to come out. The negative reactions are hard, but when you get a positive one you feel like magic. I wish you better luck next time (*hug*)

14. Ticklish Fish

*hug*

I'm sorry to hear about that...

15. Dems

that sucks! im really sorry, but she's clearly not really your friend. you can't change who you are (as im sure you well know) and anyone who doesn't accept that- well, its their loss! you have NO reason to be sorry for anything!

16. I'm sorry that happened. She doesn't deserve you as a friend, if you ask me. But maybe you'll work it out. :slight_smile:

17. TheDifferent13

I'm really sorry this happened to you. But as many already stated, if she doesn't want to be your friend because of who you are, she was never a real friend in the first place, and it's best to just let her take her fake friendships somewhere else. Just don't let one bad experience discourage you from trying to be yourself in the future, and remember there are people out there who really care about you (*hug*).

18. GDUSA

GDUSA Guest

Now you know shes not your friend. awful. hope she changes but most likely she wont with that response.

19. FemCasanova

Yup, a complete bitch. Though, it might be she comes crawling back in a few days, after the shock has settled. Still think her reaction was "a bit" over the top harsh, so I don`t think I`d forgive her. You don`t need a**-holes to bring you down in life, be glad you at least saw her true colors now!

20. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Total betch... but if she did come crawling back, I'd forgive her. Bigotry is so deeply ingrained in people and society sometimes that even good people succumb to its worst influences. If she's able to get over it, she will be a better person, and maybe even a good friend.