1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How I was the last to know, kind of funny!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by FemCasanova, Dec 6, 2012.

1. FemCasanova

Since it`s nice with coming out stories, I`ll share mine :slight_smile:

I never came out. I wasn`t even aware I was in a closet to begin with! I had small crushes on guys on TV. And a few females, although I didn`t realize. I was always more attracted to personalities, so I didn`t think about it. Then at some point, I got a best friend. One I felt I connected to in a deeper level. It was a female, and one with terrible taste in men. She kept choosing the type that was bad for her, and after having helped her out of the one she was in when I met her, I felt somewhat protective. I got my first male boyfriend that year (18). It didn`t work. I hated the sex. I acted like a complete b****. Probably a nightmare to be with. Half a year later, we broke up, and I didn`t even feel like dating again. Then, after a year or so, my friend met this guy and started drifting away. I felt like my heart was breaking. I missed hearing her voice.

Then one night, I call my mum, crying my eyes out, thinking I`d never find something like that again. She listened, before asking me in this gentle, but weird way:
    "Hon, are you sure you only had friend-feelings for this girl?"
    I went all: "What? What are you talking about?"
    She continued: "Well, it`s just, from what you are saying and how you are feeling, you are acting a lot more like you`ve broken up with a boyfriend, than having lost a friend. Are you sure you didn`t feel something more for this girl?"
    I go: "You`re being silly, I just miss what we had, that`s all."
    Mum: "Sure, hon."

Then, after shrugging it off, I actually started thinking. I went back to dating, only I tried dating girls instead. It was like everything just clicked! It felt so much more right.
    In hindsight, it was obvious why my first relationship with a guy was a total and utter catastrophy, and that the only reason why it lasted for 6 months, was because I was a perfectionist, who wanted the status of having a boyfriend, dispite disliking it.

And when I told my mother, she said she had kind of figured it all out already. In later years, when I`ve asked my siblings, when I actually told them, my sister said:
    "I kind of always thought it was obvious! You never told us, we just knew. You kept looking at boobs and stuff when we watched TV, didn`t you notice? And you always only drew female bodies".

And it all did make sense, and they were completely right. I was totally the last person in my family to see that I liked women :grin: And in relationships after, I`ve been a lot more of a tolerable person, than I was in that first relationship with that guy, which I do to this day feel guilty about. Poor guy, I made him miserable! I think even he probably knew before me.

The only people I`ve had to come out to, have been my youngest siblings. They are 6 and 8. When they asked me about my boyfriend, I simply said that I didn`t have one, that I had a girl-friend instead. Which caused a lot of odd conversations. Children can be very funny sometimes. I had to explain why I couldn`t marry my little sister, when I could marry another girl. She understood it, and laughed. My little brother is in that phase where everything lovey dovey is icky, so he said: "Ick, that`s gross. You should find a boy instead". Whereas my little sister (8) then replied: "Boys are gross! And she doesn`t need a boyfriend when she`s got a girlfriend, silly!"

But I am in full confidence that he`ll get over his big sister never wanting another boyfriend, ever :grin:

My best friend, an ex-mormon, didn`t want to talk much about it at first, but ended up becoming very supportive, even giving me advice when I`m in doubt. So, we talk about it just fine now. She`ll ask me how it`s going with me and my girlfriend, laugh when I tell funny stories. So, it`s all good really.

I know I have been very lucky. I am very grateful I have the family I have, so I know to cherish it. My girlfriend`s mother is depressed she might not get grand-children, but she`s dealing with it. My girl-friend`s biggest issue was making it official on Facebook, but I didn`t push. Eventually she just put it out there, which was awesome :grin:

2. PeteNJ

What a wonderful story! You have a great Mum and family for sure.

3. dudedette

LOL, Wow that was epic. ^0^
    If I was straight, that story would've turned me the other way around.:eusa_danc

4. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

Haha thats one of the best stories i ever heard you have a very great family

5. Chickenlover

...trees and rocks and rocks and trees and WATER!
    That's awesome! Way to go!

6. FemCasanova

Thanks, guys :grin:

Yeah, I have a weird, but great, family. They might be an irritating bunch sometimes, but they are very supportive and we`re a strong unit.

I only wish that parents who do not support their gay children, would be aware of what they are missing out on! It`s beyond comprehension to my mother, why anyone would push away their child, because of something as trivial as sexual preferrence. Sure, it matters to whomever the sexuality belongs to, but why the heck should the parents care? It`s not like they have to join them in bed!

At least that`s what my mother says; as long as she doesn`t have to do women, she couldn`t care less if I do.

Glad you found the story funny :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: