1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Guess I Just Suck At Hiding It XD

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by TotallyaGirl, Dec 8, 2012.

1. TotallyaGirl

TotallyaGirl Guest

First I'll make it clear, I've not come out to anyone yet, and am only planning to tell one friend I'm trans any time soon. Anyway, I was talking to some friends in history the other day. The topic of gender came up, and they started talking about how weird trans people are in their opinion. The ended up feeling the need to tell me that they thought I was trans. They said it took a mont of them knowing me for them to figure out I was a guy. Apparently my personality is feminine enough for people to think I'm a girl. I contemplated telling them that I'm mtf, but then I realized that it would be dumb to tell these particular people at this point. What I find to be the weird thing is that I look quite masculine, yet this group of 5 people (plus a few more who they asked) thought I was a girl. Another boggling thing is how they didn't notice my voice, it's like Peter Steel deep. Either way, I was certainly flattered, an amazed how much actions and personality affected people's perception of my gender.

2. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

Hmm thats pretty crazy i never heard of anyone figuring out someone being trans. Those people are very perceptive i guess. Or they just had a lucky guess.

3. AlexisAnne

I agree. That's kind of crazy! That's not to say I doubt your story because I don't, but those are some perceptive people, or they made a lucky guess. In my experience when people notice feminine traits and behaviors in a "male" they tend to assume gay before anything else.

4. Koan

Koan Guest

I know that it must be a huge source of stress for you to fear being found out. Still I can't stop thinking that it is very cool that the real you shines through :slight_smile: You are who you are.

Do you think people will be very surprised when (if) you come out?