1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Outing With Surprising Results

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Emberblaze, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Emberblaze

yeah, so me and my female friend went on a lil shopping spree today! And we went to Belks and she was tryin stuff on and shit and I was givin her advice.

So, when we were checking out, there was a slim black girl and a short white girl at the counter. So, here's pretty much how it was:
    Blk Girl: "So, are y'all just frieeends? Or are you together???"
    My Friend: "Nooo, I'm not his type," she giggled as she gave me a knowing glance.
    Blk Girl: "Oh, why not," she asked with incredulous astonishment, "what's wrong with her???"
    My Friend: "Oh, I don't take it personally, neither one of you are his type either," she giggled once more as I merely laughed.
    Blk Girl: "Oooh, I get it, you're looking for the same kind of person I am," she grinned. "Wow, I'm surprised, I never would have noticed!"
    Me: "Well, I have mixed opinions with that! SOME people think it's pretty obvious," I rolled my eyes at my friend, "but most others don't seem to catch on. But my friend's just been shouting it out to the world," I chuckled.
    White Girl: "Well, I never would have guessed!" she spoke for the first time during the conversation. "Could you tell about me?"
    Me: "Oh, you too?" I gasped in astonishment, incredulous to believe that such a coincidental occurrence could have befallen upon myself. "Hell naw, I'd never have been able to tell!"
    White Girl: "Heh, well, I try my best to cover it up and not let people know," she sighed, "but it's good that you're coming out at souch a young age. At least people will know you and know who you really are."

Lols, yeah, so that's the gist of what went down. I was so surprised! I've been meeting lesbians lately just out of pure coincidence lately.

As far as coming out to people I ACTUALLY know, that may slowly be increasing now that two other female friends of mine know and one of them certainly isn't going out of her way to keep it a secret. Lols she was going down the hall like '...i'm gonna try to find you a nice, hot guy...' in a relatively loud voice.

So yeah, I'm getting up there. I may have put an idea in my mom's head because we got in a debate over some red skinny jeans that I wanted to buy (and ended up gettign) and then she started asking awkward questions and asking me if I had any crushes or anything, so I'm sure my mom might be on the prowl ^^

Yeah, So i'm makin the progress!

2. TheFirstStep

kinda reminds me of what happened to me a week before I came out.

I ran I to a gay couple at the store, and we kinda had a moment, where they knew my situation, being closeted, and how that felt.

Although we never talked, I felt understood.

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, I think it's cool that you had a good experience with those other people! However, your lady friend were my friend, I would ask that she not just out me to random people. I'm pretty conservative about who I allow myself to be out to.

In fact, I need to have a conversation with my father about that in a few days. He outed me to my brother who I had no plan to come out to, who then proceeded to out me to random people.

4. Emberblaze

Heh yeah I know, but it's cool, I pretty much gave her the okay. I gave her a nod of approval. At tihs point I don't care much about who knows. ^^

But yeah it was pretty cool, pretty cool

5. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's interesting, I feel bad for the girl in the closet though. :frowning2:

6. Emberblaze

Yeah I felt kinda bad for her too. In fact, I feel even worse that I didn't try and say anything inspirational :/ my brain just don't think like that in these kind of situations.

7. Ticklish Fish

lol. come out to random cashiers. grats?!

8. Emberblaze

Lols yeah. It's easy to come out to people you don't know.

I had the perfect opportunity today in class to come out, and I'm so pissed off that I didn't. These two girls that i have a love-hate relationship with (ya know, always just teasing eachother back and forth) were jokin around with this one kid that's got a learning disability (yeah, that sounds horrible now that it's on paper....) and they told him to keep an eye on me cuz I'm gay basically, and he believed it up front, even though all i had to do was deny it and then he woulda believed my word as well.

But anyways, I just laughed and walked off and was standin at the door waiting for the bell to ring and hoping that the conversation would be over with and that'd be that. But the kid kept askin me questions! Heh so I just kept laughin and tried to walk away, but that ain't work at all.

So i jus turned to the girl laughin tellin them to stop spreadin rumors. then she turned back and was like 'well, you ain't denyin it'

So I jus scoffed and was like 'eh, I don't have to explain anything' and tried ONCE more to laugh it off and walk away, hoping for the bell to ring so I could escape. (I swear, that was the longest 60 seconds EVER)

And then she just straight up was like are you gay?

And I just said, I never said that.

She said well you ain't denying it

So with SO much reluctance... I said no, I'm not :bang:

Damn, it was like pulling teeth to say that and I'm pissed off that I didn't just say it then and there, and I'm not entirely sure why I didn't just come out there and be out to the class. There were a good amount of onlookers (who probably saw how nervous and defensive I was getting and probably just assumed I was a closet case just from looking at me)

Gosh, why's it gotta be so hard!! >:/ I've come out to like six strangers with ease

9. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's okay, you'll get there. Being put on the spot like that, it's understandable. (*hug*)

10. Emberblaze

yeah, i hate spotlight... im jus irritated cuz ive been preppin to come out more and decided id basically tell anyone if they asked. gah i cant wait to get this over with.

i wish i could just tell one person with a big mouth and then let them just blab to the world so that the cat'll be out of the bag.. (lmfaooo on another note, thats a really funny pun to me right now cuz we disected cats in my vet science class today ^^)

Ahem, but yeah, I was in a tight spot and all the pressure and the eyes on me certainly didn't help