1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally CAME OUT!! Mom + Dad

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Wired106, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Wired106

hey guys I just came out to my mom and dad! lol a couple weeks ago I posted something saying that I thought my mom and dad knew about it and were gonna be ok with it. It turns out that they are REALLY supportive and extremely ok with it. So basically lol this is what happened. I was in my moms room tonight and I was talking to her and she asked me what's wrong because I looked worried. And then my dad walked it and I told her I had to talk to her about something and she saw I was getting a little like nervous and then I walked to my room. Then she came and sat on my bed and I started crying.. and I told her that I was gay and how I didn't know what to do and all that. And she started hugging me and saying it's ok nathan, you know we'll always love you and care about you. Then she asked maybe it might just be a phase or something but I told her I knew since I was like 10. She was so nice and really fine with it. And we ended up talking for about 45 minutes about everything like who I liked and what was going on and how she will always be there for me and same with my dad and brothers and sisters. Then she said she would tell my dad so he could come in the room. She ended up telling my dad right away and he came in the room and told me how he's totally ok with it and will always support me. He said that eventaully when I do find a boyfriend or whoever to definately bring him to the house and never be scared or nervous about anything. He said he has always been ok with it (we live near san francisco... kinda like the gay capital of the world.. ) and I know he's very nice and supportive of me because in the past he would always talk about how he supports gay rights and everything. I ended up talking to him for like 45 minutes too. We talked about the same sort of stuff as my mom but also what I thought about for the future like if there were any colleges that were more open towards gay people and stuff. Then my dad asked me if I wanted to see any counseling so I can talk about stuff with them and have them help me out with telling other people and any other problems that I've been thinking about. This is really awesome. My parents are so supportive of me and it's awesome. Now I have to think about telling my brother and eventually both my sisters. :slight_smile: . Thanks so much EC though. You guys seriously helped me a ton with this stuff.

The entire time I was really shaky and nervous though but it was really worth it telling them. The whole day though, I was thinking about this because I knew I wanted to tell my parents today, so I woke up and got ready at like 10 am and ended up going to the mall with my mom and my sisters but since I was with my sisters, I decided to wait and that entire time I was pretty quiet and didn't say much except listen to my ipod but I was thinking over exactly what I was going to say but I was still pretty nervous walking around the mall. lol I was so nervous that I didn't even want to eat much today. But I ended up telling my mom first when she came to my bedroom and then my dad came in to talk to me about it. Both my parents said they were really glad I told them and that everything was going to be fine. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Thanks a ton again EC.

2. SkyTears

congrats! i still remember the time when we all said you should have told your mom. glad it went so well!

3. Yay! I'm glad it went well.

4. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad it went well for you. And glad a place like EC was able to help so much. This place is filled with great people.

5. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratz! What awesome reactions!

6. Leigh

Leigh Guest

omgosh congratulations!!!(!)
    thats so awesome im sooo happy for you!!!
    :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

7. Louise

What a fabulous coming out story. Good for you (!) :eusa_danc (!) :eusa_danc

Pity more parents can't be like yours. They deserve the biggest hug ever! (&&&) That's for your parents :icon_bigg

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    What a nice story! It seems like alot of times one parent has more difficulty than the other. Both of yours were great! I'm really proud of your Dad. He sounds like a wonderful person! Both do!!! Congratulations!!!! (*hug*)

9. Time

Aw, that's awesome! Congratulations!

Now it's time to change that out status :wink:

10. Zak

Zak

:icon_bigg Congrats Nathan......and....umm......Nathan, its time to change that Out Status!!!!
    Glad it worked out well!:icon_bigg

11. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow awesome parents!! Congrats, I'm happy it went so well :thumbsup:

12. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

Awesome! Grats@!

13. Nodnarb

Congrats!!! Your story sounds a lot like mine. Its great to have such supportive parents. Again, CONGRATS!!!

14. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

congrats
    its great that your parents are with you and very supportive

15. biisme

that's great!!! i'm so happy for you!

16. Astaroth

Ooh! Wowwie Zowwie! That's wonderful that your parents are so incredibly supportive! Congrats on coming out to them! (!) (!) (!)

17. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    Well done Nathan, sounds like it couldn't have gone any better than it did. So happy for you, and you're lucky to have so accepting parents... now be happy, and get that out status changed!!

x

18. belovedwarrior

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations =) It's always nerve wracking to come out to your family, but it's a huge relief, isn't it?

19. violinguy92

Out Status:
    Some people
    AWWWWWWWW!!! Thats great! It must help living near sanfransisco!

Well for me, I'd have no one to live with if I told my parents. They would kick me out. And they've straight up told me.

20. sdc91

Wow, that's awesome! You have great parents. Major kudos to them, and you for coming out!