1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Comeing Out Story - Odd & Long

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Zero Zero, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Zero Zero

My Coming Out Story

Well, lets start from the beginning, shall we?
    I first started looking into homosexuals, bisexuals, transgenders and everything else around the end of 7th grade. See, I was put in a Read 1-80 class (block reading - was in there for 2 hours) and there was a girl in there (obviously). I had always felt…weird when I looked at girls and talked to them. Almost the same way it's like with guys except I want to make sure no one hurts this girl instead of me wanting someone to protect me (if that makes since). So, I had a very vague idea of exactly what bisexual meant. I learned it meant you went both ways. You liked both boys and girls. You like either sex. You were attracted to both sexes/genders.
    I wasn't accepting at first. I was accepting of other homosexuals and bisexuals and transgendered people, but, honestly, I didn't want to be bisexual. My family (mom, grandma, grandpa & a whole bunch of other people in the family) are homophobic. Their not accepting of that and say its a sin and everyone who's like that is going to hell and a whole bunch of other shit like that. So, of course, believing I was a Christian at that time, I wasn't accepting the fact that I was like the people they say are going to hell.
    That summer, I did a lot of thinking on my part. I thought about what I like. And I thought about what my friends would say. When 8th grade came along, I meant a new friend, Jay (that's what I'll call her - I don't want to give out her real name), and she was always saying how she hated homophobic people and stereo types. She seemed like the most accepting of my friends, so I told via text message one day after school and she was really acceptive! I went a week without telling anyone else, being to scared they'll judge me. Then I developed a crush on this girl, Char (again, not her real name but I ain't giving out real names), so I told Jay and she started playing around with me and stuff about like any friend would. She did it at lunch in front of some of our other friends and they found out.
    When they were sooooooooo accepting, I decided to tell some of my other friends, but still wanted to keep it on the D-Low because I had cousin that went to our school and I didn't was Char to find out.
    Now, this is where things get a little hard and confusing.

At the end of the year, like a week or two before the last day, we had this Bout Trip the 8th graders all went on. I was excited that Char was going, but got sad when Jay said she wasn't because I was shy around Char and didn't talk to her much, but Jay and her were friends.
    Anyway, we went on the bout trip. I was sure Char was going to find out because I hanged out with her, and our mutual friends Ebony and Kit (not real names) and Ebony kept saying stuff. She even asked me weather Char looked prettier with or without glasses. Of course, I said I don't know but Ebony said "Yes you do" and smiled.
    Now, the last day of school was a little graduation thing at the High school and we went to school half a day. Kit had been telling me I should tell Char that I like her and that I'm bi, but I thought it would be too weird for the both of us. So, Kit had said she would tell Char at lunch. Well, she told Char…before lunch in open gym. I was sitting on the bench next to Jay talking when Char and Kit came up. Char wanted me to play some hand game with her (she likes hand clapping games) but I didn't want to (I was a bit of a germaphobe). Kit was standing behind her trying to say something without saying it out loud but I had no idea what she was saying (because I can be a big idiot sometimes -_-) so she practically yelled it out loud. I felt my eyes get wide as I looked up at Char. Man, I was hella scared! I thought she was gonna get some strange look of discus on her face, but she didn't. She just smiled and nodded. I looked at the ground and almost started crying. Char sat down next to me and said it was okay and everything and that she wasn't gonna act different or anything around me and that she was fine with me being bi and all cuz her sister is gay. So…yeah…that happened and Kit told me Char said it was cute so yeah. That ended in heart break this year though, but that's another story.

Anyways, now I'm really out about it and everything. I make sure all my friends know when I start talking to them a lot so things don't get weird. And, doing this, I actually help my friend Lea (not real name) come out about being bi as well and now she's just as open as me. :slight_smile: yup yup.

If you want more on how I come out to people or what happened between me and Char or what had happened between me and Lea then just PM me or ask or something. I like talking about stuff like that. It helps me let it out. So…yeah. There's my story.

(Sorry it's so long - I tend to talk to much)

2. Greendalehumans

Awesome! I almost came out as bisexual in middle school (even though I realized I'm actually more than likely totally into girls) but I chickened out :/

But that's awesome that you've got such supportive people in your life :slight_smile:

3. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so happy for you. Not everyone has such supportive cast of people that you do! I also came out as Bisexual in High School, but it involved where I am at right now.

~Josie

4. Zero Zero

Thanks and I know :slight_smile: I love the people in my life. Their my awesome people haha :slight_smile: