1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best friend said what??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by hatethiscloset, Dec 11, 2012.

1. hatethiscloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I came out to my closest best guy friend about 3 weeks ago, and surprisingly he was COMPLETELY okay with it. I was so shocked when he told me how he was fine with this, and that it didn't change anything. All of this was nice talk, but it took yesterday to truly appreciate his acceptance :grin:.
    Basically he and I accidentally showed up to school in basically the same outfit haha. Since we are always together anyway, this one kid in our class jokingly said "So im confident that u 2 are actually gay lovers" and I wasn't really sure what to say. But right away my best friend started joking right along with this kid! Saying how we had a "sleepover" (we didnt lol) and how we planned our outfits after a nice shower (again, lol....) and then on top of all this my best friend turns to me and says "LMAO look at that kid, im pretty sure he thinks we are actually dating haha"
    I'm not sure if others have felt this way, but this completely made my day. I just sort of assumed that even if my friend said he was okay with it, as a straight guy he would get very uncomfortable with this sort of talk, especially since he now knows that I am gay. It meant the world to me to see that he truly doesnt care! Like if he can joke in public about this sort of thing, and not care what others think of the two of us, that is the ultimate sign that he is a true best friend. I just never in a million years expected him to be so accepting.

2. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

Thats amazing such a great friend i think my best friend thats gay would do the same thing :slight_smile: thats a true sign of a friend that will last a life time

3. SparkDT

That's awesome. :grin:

4. PatyR

That's amaizing! I wish I had a friend like that:frowning2:

5. JohnJuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow, your best friend is amazing. We all need more friends like that.

6. TraceElement

damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. im stealing him.

7. The Queen Bee

Hmm...
    I think that some people are just very accepting.

I was surprised of the way things have progressed with two of my closest friends.
    'Cus open-minded people, they're just open-minded. They just don't care.
    But homophobic people, well...

Both of my friends were slightly homophobic... Actually, before I came out to them at one point they said, in different ocassions, comments like "Eww... Lesbians. I don't want anything to do with them..." and stuff like that.

When I came out to them, they both reacted slightly in a homophobic and heterosexist way. Not necessarily 'mean'... just obviously judging, freaking out a little bit, maybe even disgusted about it and the sort.

But the day before yesterday, one of them actually was making the making gay jokes with me and seemed to be totally cool about it.
    And, the other one was telling me to tell her everything about my trip to UK when I return (I'm here for my sister's wedding)... especially if I hook up with a British girl. lol

I think the second one is very curious aboout the whole thing... It's a bit weird, but I don't mind it.

I think they thought things would get weird between us. 'Cus you know how gay people want to HUMP every same sex person they see... (-_-")
    I don't feel attracted to either one of them, so I'm not weird around them... They finally got that and now they're not weird around me.

#7 The Queen Bee, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  8. Oregontinker

It is great to have a friend like that. He is secure with his sexuality (whatever that may turn out to be). A good friend of mine calls me Fag when we are together In a loving way of course. While I wish he was gay (he is not, believe me I have tried) he would do anything for me and I would do anything for him.

9. revi

revi Guest

I came at to my friend and that hasn't stopped him from saying something along the lines "suck my wang Jared" whenever he wins anything. But then again I just say back "try to remember your not the gay one" XD