1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did it

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Fomalhaut, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Fomalhaut

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello EC! This is my first post and I am exited to share my story with anyone that is still in the closet or someone who is just looking for a way to pass the time.

So my experience was like ripping off a band-aid. It was the 4th December (two weeks ago) and it was an emotionally terrible day. I can't remember why I was down, but it must have been one of my mood swings. At any rate I had finished my homework when I decided to talk to my mom about my problems. We talked about my day and how bad it was and what was making me upset. I was a bit emotional during this and I was almost at the verge of tears but not really. I wasn't going to bring up the questioning of my sexuality because at the time I was at least 89% sure I was gay. The idea of being gay still bothers me but I know now that I only like guys. Back to the story. We had finished talking and I went up stairs to my room and I decided to go to "the happiest place on the internet" (the website were people hug you, you should check it out when you have the chance) to cheer myself up and I suddenly started thinking about how I felt a bit a part from my parents. I began to cry and right when I did my dad came home. Hearing this I went down stairs now in full tear mode and hugged him and my mom. I told them how I loved them and then all three of us started talking were my mom and I had left off. Near the end I said "well there is one problem"(referring to my questioning). At that point I could not believe I had even brought it up that but I kept going. "This is something that I have been dealing with for a little while". Both my parents were interested and inquired more. I told them that they may not be ready to hear it and that there will never be a right time to hear it. Then my dad stopped me and said "well I know two things you might say 1. you are thinking about harming yourself or 2. you like boys". When he guessed the second option I fought to stop from smiling because I was almost there. I thought to myself "No time like the present" and said "I'm Gay I like guys not girls" and then I realized what I had just said and immediately regretted it But they were cool with it. We talked about it a bit and told them I could answer questions and it was all cool. I took the leap and I was fine. Now I just need to tell my brother and sister and everybody else. Finals are coming up so I am going to wait till after finals. My parents weren't the first to know, five of my friends know.

So yeah that is it. I will post some more when I get the time!

2. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

Wow thats a pretty good story happy that you told your parents i told my parents not to long ago its always such a good feeling after word huh Congrats on it its nice to have parents that accept you for who you are. Good luck in telling the rest of your family :slight_smile: