1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

you know you have a good friend when...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Sam, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Sam

Sam

this really doesn't belong here since its not really about coming out but it is about getting more and more acceptance from someone I care about. About 3 years ago I came out to my best friend which happened to be the first person ever, well it wasn't pretty she said that she will always be my friend and she loved me but she didn't want me to bring a girlfriend around her and she didnt want to talk about it. since then she has said we can talk about it and she was on the phone with me after I gave my mom a letter coming out to her and my friend helped me calm down then she said that she wouldnt mind if I have a girlfriend around her and next she said she would even go to my wedding and consider the girlfriend part of the family (because we consider ourselves sisters) so that tells me that she has become more excepting but what really confirmed everything was yesterday when I told her that I met someone and we got really close well as close as you can get to a person I'll spare you the details you get my point. since we are really good friends we share our experiences with each other anyway she didn't freak at all she was completely fine with it I mean that is a huge step to go in a little amount of time. anyway just thought I would share how friends can change

2. TriBi

Yes - I guess it always feels good when you find a friend has that degree of sympathy and understanding.

Nice one!