1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to come out after Christmas

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Greendalehumans, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Greendalehumans

Ok. So I want to come out to my older sister after the holidays, but while she's still home for break. And then I want to come out to my mom, maybe, also after Christmas. But after she's back at work so that it's less awkward moments :/

I just have no idea how to do it! I've only come out to two friends and it was over text both times. I come from a Christian family (I'm also Christian) and I know a couple of videos I could recomend, but I'm not sure how exactly to do it.

Any help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

2. Lewis

I'm in the same position. It's my new years resolution to come out to everyone in 2013, doubt it will happen. I have no idea where to start!

3. Greendalehumans

I'm thinking of writing a letter, but I have no idea how to give it to her. I don't want to be in the same room while she reads it.

4. Lewis

Can't you go to one of your friends houses, see if they'll let you stay over? I was planning on doing something similar when it comes to my parents.

5. Greendalehumans

Well I don't think that they'll kick me out or anything, if that's what you mean.
    Do you mean just to go over there after I tell them to let it cool down?
    Or leave the letter where they'll find it after I go to a friend's house?

6. Akatosh

I want to come out to my best friend soon, possibly tomorrow??!! I was thinking about initiating the conversation via text, saying something like "hey, I want to talk about something when you get home" (he's also my roommate). I think that will help. I was also just thinking I'd start talking about how I'm tired of being single, I don't want to be miserable, and I think I need a boyfriend to fulfil ma needs. New years resolution to come out to my parents and brothers has also been on my mind. My confidence mainly comes from this site and one I my other best friends I've told (girl). I first came out to a guy I liked, and then everytime after has been with one of my best girl friends. I will tell my ex-gf one day; I would marry her if I were straight, and may ask her to be a surrogate mother one day. Rambling. Done.