1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OMG I came out to my sister and then she came out to me!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Asari, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I planned to come out to my family while i am here during christmas break. So far I have been getting really negative responses from friends when I come out. Today I planned to come out to my sister after eating lunch with her.

Right away the conversation went to gay marriage. (I have no idea why this subject always comes up when I'm with my friends. Maybe they are trying to get me to come out.) I really feel comfortable around my older sister because she is very liberal and accepting. So after talking about how we both support gay marriage I told her I like girls. She just smiled and said "I NEW IT! I've known for so long!" She then started giggling and told me, "I've dated plenty of girls. I've done everything with girls. It's really fun dating a girl because they understand you. I was actually dating a girl before I met my husband." Now I've always wondered if my sister was bisexual and now I know! I even have someone I can talk to in my family who has experience with dating girls. This is sooo bizaar lol. I admit I felt really awkward after telling her and still feel awkward but I'm glad that I have at least one family member that accepts me completely.

I feel a mix of happiness and grossness. I don't completely accept myself right now so sometimes I feel gross about the fact I'm gay. Will that feeling go away?

2. Ticklish Fish

LOL. congrats!

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats on coming out! I think it's awesome that you have a sister who likes girls as well. Even though she's married, she's still bisexual. And I think this is the perfect opportunity for you to pour your heart out to her. And there's nothing wrong with being gay; I only dislike it because I want to be in control of who I fall in love with. Unfortunately, I'm unable to control that aspect of my life, but I'm learning every day to be happy. What particularly do you find gross about being gay? Is it the idea of being intimate with a woman?

And yes, those feelings will go away once you realize that there's nothing to be ashamed of. What you're feeling towards women is completely natural and healthy. I think once you're able to meet someone, you'll see how amazing it is to be with a woman. You'll surely gain more confidence once you start living your life as a gay woman--not hiding. It's amazing how empowering it is once you accept who you are.

#3 pinklov3ly, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  4. PatyR

That's great! I'm glad for you! :grin:
    Btw, accept yourself, you can't change who you are! I'm sure that feeling will go away soon, but not by itself, just love yourself! :grin:

5. MixedNutz

That's great! And To funny.

6. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been told my whole life that being with a man was "gods plan" for my life so sometimes I worry I will be missing out if I fall in love with a woman. I know deep down this isn't true because I wouldn't feel complete without a woman. Also I feel really ashamed and gross because I feel so worried about what people think about me. My friends who don't know I'm gay say things around me like, "I think the way girls have sex is so gross." So I think those hurtful things have just sunk in.

7. GDUSA

GDUSA Guest

Congrats! you have a great support system now. very helpful.

8. Oregontinker

That is awesome, I had a similar experience and my older brother is bi it turns out. You are far from gross,love yourself and the person you choose.

9. curlycats

congrats. :slight_smile: that's really awesome (crazy awesome, in fact) that you and your sister came out to each other at the same time. i'm sure this will help make coming out to the rest of your family at least a little bit easier as you will at least have each other.

i'm sure that your feelings about being with a woman will change in time, but i hope they change sooner than later. i can't imagine being so uncomfortable with oneself... it must really be horrible. :frowning2: