1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to myself...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by JohnJuan, Dec 17, 2012.

1. JohnJuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have spent the last year in some pretty deep self exploration. I have finally come to accept the fact that I am gay. I think that being a member of such a hated and vilified minority has been the hardest thing to accept, and that has scared me more than anything else.

What this acceptance has awakened in me is a deep desire to reach out and make contact with the LGBTQ community. As the year has progressed I have come to realize that there are many caring and accepting people (straight and gay) out there. It is the haters, despite all the noise they make, who are the real minority. If recent events are any indication (i.e. the election, marriage equality votes, etc.) the haters and bigots are a dying breed.

I am glad that I am gay. I am proud of it. I am looking forward to the new year and the continuation of my coming out. (Hell, I am out to all 22,000 + EC members already) I am so glad that I found Empty Closets and that I can share my on going story with you.

2. Rainbow Music

Congrats, JohnJuan. I am so proud of you. Accepting yourself is the first step to realization and pride. And also of course coming out to other people.

3. Ticklish Fish

Hello hi!
    btw, only small amount of the 22,000 EC members are active lol

4. RainbowMan

Well, there's at least 4 of us! (in this thread!) Congrats!

5. AlexisAnne

I'm glad to hear you've accepted yourself. I know it isn't easy to reach that point, but once you get there it feels pretty damn good. Good for you on that. I hope 2013 is a banner year for you now that you've reached this point :slight_smile:

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, glad you are feeling so good about it. :grin: I too wouldn't have myself any other way, orientation-wise at least. Looking forward to talking more with you.

7. brittstevenson

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats!!!! I'm working on coming out to myself glad to hear your story thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

8. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

Its on of the biggest steps you can make Congrats :slight_smile: