1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by leer, Dec 19, 2012.

1. leer

At 16 I did a really stupid thing and came out to my step sister I had a few beers before and was sat just chatting to her in her room she a year younger than me and I just said I like boys more she said she wouldn't tell anyone and I stupidly believed her.

She was soon mentioning it to some if not all her friends I know most of them and at school with 1 or 2 of them and they know my mates and all over Facebook on most of my mates pages the next day Of course i wanted to rip her head of thats putting it lightly .

most of my mates are the manly kind bragging who they had got it on with exc and I had realized I liked the lads some years before like after PE in the showers I was terrified of coming out I would have never had told them I was gay .

Anyway I was calling my step sister all sorts she`d gone into hiding far away as possible from me I was furious with her but I thought sod it I went to see a few mates and told them I might be gay ''so I lied'' I knew I was most were not bothered about it a few gave me abuse but thought your not worth it mate .

Am now thinking fuck what do I tell mum & Dad what if they find out from someone like my step sister wouldn't put it past her after this so I phoned my dad & asked him to pop round to mums ''divorced years by the way '' got home and stayed in my room panicking
    craping myself then I herd dads voice downstairs talking to mum . I thought best get this over and done with .

By the time am downstairs am in tears my stepdad soon gets rid of my twin step brothers
    '' 11 at the time '' I tell them everything no lies no cover up about I might be I am Gay .
    I told them about how I told my step sister told them I was a bit drunk at the time of telling her she was drinking to by the way I know it not clever but we were .

They were fine with it :eek: dad said its Ok honest Mum just gave me a hug and said she`d be having words with someone also Dads wife step sisters mum was brilliant even better than mum and dad to be honest Found her allot easier to talk to than mum & dad.

she Put me in touch with a guy called tony bit older than me ''10 years'' but he was open gay and more or less took me under his wing looked after me '' nothing funny has ever happened between us by the way'' just mates .

I would love to say everything was fine once I came out but it`s not a fairy story with everything ending happy ever after .
    School was crap
    my mates were totally different now
    some so called friends decided to jump me had a few fights won some lost some ''not clever again nothing gets solved fighting .
    Mum wanted the police involved I said no to leave it.
    I left school within a few months of coming out it was my choice to .

So 3 years on everyone knows am gay still dont talk to mum & dad that much about it my step brothers found out themselves Mum got pissed once and one of them overheard mum talking about me so he asked me and i told him .

I know stuff like underage drinking shouldn't be happening but I was young surely am not the only one who did .
    thanks for reading this and following comments
    Lee:slight_smile:

2. FemCasanova

Well, I am sorry about the fights and your mates. Glad you won a few though, even if I don`t advocate violence, lol. However, it is great that your parents are supporting! Your step sister did a crappy thing. I would definitely spit in her vodka juice whenever you get the chance :wink: But yeah, you are really lucky your parents were so good about it! It does make a difference having your family supporting you!

And no, underage drinking happens often, I was 12 my first time, and god if I did not regret it. Got sick as crappers!

*Hug!*

3. FunnyMonkey

sorry your friends didn't work the way you would have wanted them to, but at least your parents accept it well. as far as your sister I probably would never talk to her again ,but that's me I can be an ass sometimes. (*hug*)

underage drinking is a part of life I stared when I was 15 or so.

4. leer

thank you for the reply's
    I did get sort of an apology from her it was a stupid one and I know it meant very little to her. we dont live together never have .she`s a mother now gorgeous little boy .

My friend Carl he introduced me to some friends Didnt know anyone that was Gay honest some are now good friends .

didn't mention my uncle mum brother he helped get me some work just office stuff few days a week money was nice and ended up applying for a job there which I got ''didnt think i would '' also some collage stuff in the last couple of years First Aid. Health & safety.

5. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow, being outed is never a good thing, it was great that your parents accepted it, when your life is up your friends know who your are, when your life is down, you know who your friends are, the friends that matter are the ones that stuck by you, good luck in the future. :slight_smile: