1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out to my sister

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Klutz, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Klutz

I'd been planning the conversation in my head for weeks. I did it. I told her. She was/is super supportive and doesn't discount my fears about the rest of my family, but also is voice of reason when I'm being melodramatic. She seems really curious about my journey to the point of telling her and also how she can be supportive. I told her while we were in the car driving (it is something I do for important conversations so we are stuck together until it is over). I was talking about the need to move out. Then she asked what was so pressing and I was like, well, growing up and complete autonomy and no one supervising and I can really discover who I am without trying to live up to my parent's expectations. Then she asked about dating and said how it must be hard at home, and I told her. And she was like, "well, that's surprising, but I don't care." And I was like :jawdrop:, then she was like "no, not like that. Like in the you are my sister and I love you and will support you in whatever. Who you love won't change that." I am really lucky I have such an awesome sister. This is only the latest point on a long list.

2. PatyR

Awww that's so sweet! I'm glad for you! :grin:

3. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    Glad it went well! Your sister sounds like she will be supportive :slight_smile: