1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The First Time

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by AlexisAnne, Dec 22, 2012.

1. AlexisAnne

So I went wig shopping with my older sister today. The one I've been using really isn't so great and my real hair isn't quite up to snuff yet as far as pulling off the whole feminine look. I'm thinking about doing extensions soon, but that's really not the point of the story. I drove over to her place to meet up and change. Because of some discomfort in the area of my father with the whole situation, I'm still not comfortable dressing as female at home. Anyway, I hit her house and got dressed, wherein I debuted as Alexis for my brother in law for the first time. He's known about my gender situation for a while now, but he's never been around when I've gone over there. Anyway, he took the site of me surprisingly well. It was clearly a little strange, but I always make allowances for the fact that this situation really is strange, and it takes some getting used to. So that went well, and it was a first, but it's not so much the point of the story.

So my sister and I went to the mall, me dressed and fully out as Alexis. I've actually been going out in public as Alexis more and more lately, and it's been going well. I know I don't pass close up very well, but nobody has really commented, I haven't been getting stares, and the people who definitely have noticed have more or less just shaken it off and gone on as though things were normal. At this stage, I think it's more than I could have asked for. :slight_smile: Anyway, we were in the wig shop, and the lady who helped us, an extremely nice lady, asked what we were looking for.

Before I could say anything my older sis said, "My Sister is looking for a wig, She wants something that looks a little more natural. It's the first time that anybody has actually used the correct pronouns and gender titles for me without my prompting, and it felt so good I actually had to pause for a minute before I could explain to the service lady what I wanted in more detail. We went out to eat afterward and after that, on the ride back to her house, I commented on it and thanked her. She told me that when I'd gone to the bathroom at the restaurant one of the waitresses had asked her what she was doing today, and she'd told her that she was out shopping with her Sister. When we talked about it in the car afterward, she said that she hadn't even had to think about it any of those times. She's getting used to this now and it felt completely natural to refer to me as her sister and use the female pronouns.

It was doubly surprising because up until today, whether I was presenting female or not, she still referred to me as her brother. It was just a really great day, and that made me feel really great so I wanted to share :slight_smile:

2. Gen

Gen

And I'm glad you did. Thats such a nice story. (*hug*)

3. AlexisAnne

Thank you Gen. It just felt so unbelievably good to hear her say those words when we were in the store :slight_smile:

4. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Wow, I cried when she said 'sister'. Congratulations.

I know how it feels. Well, my siblings doesn't know yet, but my friends do. When I asked them to call me Cassandra they agreed almost inmediately. Still, every now and then they use masculine words, but overall, the use feminine words with me. The first time I barely managed to hold up the tears.

Specially when a particular friend, who I know accept me but required more time to digest it, called me 'Cass', I really thanked him for that, it made me feel a lot better.

Anyway, congratulations, again.(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

5. jvn95

Oh how wonderful! I'm super happy for you!

6. mm11

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    How wonderful! Congrats!

7. Silverbells000

This is amazing, I honestly almost cried when she said she was shopping with her sister. I hope things continue to go well :slight_smile:

8. PatyR

Wow! aww congratulations! Haha it must feel great (&&&)

9. AlexisAnne

Thanks guys. It really felt good. Others have done with some prodding but this was the first time I didn't have to say anything :slight_smile: