1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In a bar last night....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by RainbowMan, Dec 25, 2012.

1. RainbowMan

I came out in the most casual way possible - maybe I'm starting to be OK with this?

Then again, with the situation, I think even a straight man would have said he was gay! It's really weird. This 62 year old woman (yes, you read that right) would NOT STOP HITTING ON ME! I went so far as to tell her that I was gay (she sort of asked, so no harm there), and nothing would ever happen between us. SHE STILL DIDN'T STOP! I entertained her, staying way later than I wanted to.

The best part is that she was there with her daughter, who is about my age. She seemed pretty normal, and was completely freaked out by her mom's behavior. When her mom went to the restroom, I was like "she's been hitting on a much younger gay guy all night!". She then pretty much drug her mom out of the bar and they left.

I guess Christmas Eve brings out the loonies, huh? BTW, this is a bar I somewhat frequently go to, but not my main hangout. It's my neighborhood bar, not a destination of any type.

2. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha, that's too funny.... Yeah your mom has been hitting on a much younger gay guy lol
    Good for you man, I wish I had the strength to say that as casually as that, I feel like if I were to move to a place where no one knew me, it'd be a hell of a lot easier being gay

3. RainbowMan

Believe me, I'm still firmly in the closet. She's the second person that I've told, and it probably helped that I was drunk.

I just hope that the bartender (actually the owner was bartending last night) didn't hear me.....oh well if he did I guess.

4. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You know there's a remote chance she was somewhat (maybe subconsciously) aware, and she felt safe hitting on you because there was no chance of anything happen. Recently divorced/widowed/single, hasn't flirted in ages, that sort of thing. Either that or she's what Tony DiNozzo would call a "turkey vulture", 20 years older than a cougar and her gaydar was in the shop waiting for parts :wink:.

5. NickTsuki

NickTsuki Guest

Hahahahahahahahaha I'm dying here of laughter hahahahaha
    Oh God, I can only imagine it and laugh.
    But you know, once right after I graduated from High school and visited school, my chemistry teacher (an old man) started hitting on me and I was like OMG OMG stop! The worst is he's married, it was really uncomfortable.

6. ChandlerCurious

Great story I love it! That is the closest I have come out myself. I travel frequently for my job so I will go to a gay bar where I am sure absolutely no one will know me.....and sometimes just have a drink or two and maybe not really even talk to anyone. Sounds crazy but just being there makes me feel like maybe I am making a little bit of progress to whatever it is I am looking for.

7. Bree

Haha! I feel sorry for her daughter! Maybe she's a fag hag?

...reminds me of my mother drunk at the ski mountain last weekend--she would NOT stop hitting on my sister's 20-year-old boyfriend--another unavailable boy. Ah well, I guess that means she approves of him.