1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out at Work!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by RueBea85, Dec 26, 2012.

1. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

Tonight I was at work and a lady had told me she's gay, it came up in our conversation and she told me. I then said, "Oh yeah, I'm gay too." She told me she knew right when she met me. I must give off some serious gay rainbows or vibes or something, because nobody is ever surprised!

And then we started talking about when we realized we were gay, and everything. It was really nice, it's great to know there's someone else at work who understands some of the things I'm feeling! She is about 30 years older than me but she said we could go for coffee sometimes and talk about things, so it's great to know I've made a new gay pal! :slight_smile:

I never thought 6 months ago when I first came out, that I would get to a day where I can say it so comfortably, but it's getting easier! (!)

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on being so comfortable and able to talk about yourself with others. It's fantastic that you were able to open up and that she is willing to meet up with you for chats. :slight_smile:

3. PatyR

Congratulations! that must be great, something like a confident who totally understands you! Lucky you :grin:

Lol rainbows or gay vibes? haha you made my day

4. AlexisAnne

Congrats! That's awesome and you're absolutely right. It does get easier to talk about :slight_smile: When I started coming out about my gender I never imagined that one day I'd be able to talk about it as easilly as I do now.

5. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Yay! Well done! :grin:

6. GDUSA

GDUSA Guest

Congrats RueBea85! That's awesome that you were comfortable to tell her who you were too. Must feel like a huge relief that you have somebody at work who is also gay to talk to. Congrats!

7. Femme

Congrats! Wish I could do it. Just can't do the work thing yet. Not even sure I wish it.

8. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

thanks everyone! I'm really happy to have met another lesbian friend lol. i seriously thought i was the only one out there, well it certainly feels like that sometimes.