1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told two friends today.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Clown, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Clown

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First: straight guy who I expected to be "oh, cool. I won't judge you." And that's exactly how it went down. I feel it's something that might make us closer as friends. He deals with a lot and doesn't have many people for emotional support. From giving a secret about myself, hopefully he'll be more comfortable telling me what gets him down.

Second: a guy who's openly gay (doesn't push it on anyone, but doesn't mind I'd people know). I found out from his Facebook interests. So I asked him and he said yeah. I then told him about myself. Which he didn't really reply about (it was online).

I just feel like things would have been a different than I thought.
    I expected more support or at least a "well if it makes you happy, then good!"
    I feel a bit depressed now.

2. Juggalo

Congrats!

3. Eddard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congrats! One of my straight guy friends is like yours. He has opened up about a lot of things, and I'm sure yours will too. :slight_smile:

4. jaxdolphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  5. TKM

TKM

Congrats!

6. Ianthe

He may not be sure what your intentions were in telling him. He may not know that he's one of the first people you've told. He might think you are trying to hook up with him, or wonder if you are. Especially because of the word "bicurious." It carries some unfortunate connotations of "seeking meaningless sexual encounters that I will keep secret from my wife." I think you were just trying to come out to someone safe, but from his perspective, he doesn't know that. Try telling him explicitly that you aren't out to many people and you are just looking for someone to talk to.

Also, if you only know he's gay from Facebook, he might still not be totally comfortable being out himself. He may just not be sure how to respond.

7. Clown

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't think of it that way, Ianthe. I think I could have approached him better to think of it.
    He hasn't mentioned it and he doesn't act any differently towards me. So I'd personally rather just leave it because I wouldn't want to bring it up again unless he does first. But if he does and I get the feeling that he either isn't comfortable talking about anything related to the subject or he's unsure of my intentions, I'll definitely try and make sure he doesn't get the wrong idea. Thanks.
    And thanks everyone. I appreciate the support!