1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out sort of

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by kem, Dec 29, 2012.

1. kem

kem

I came out on Christmas Eve. We had dinner with extended family: cousins from my mother's side and my aunt. My dad was in Turkey.
    The thing is my cousins seem to hold their liquor much better than I and I was trying to keep up, so I got really drunk. Really. Drunk. And towards the end of the evening I ended up coming out to a girl cousin first because she asked if I had a "life partner" yet. And something about the choice of words, which by the way sounds better in Finnish, got me into saying everything. Well the situation escalated really quickly, she insisted I come out to my Mom and everyone else, saying I'd feel better.
    I suppose she's right although I don't feel better or worse... I'm just embarrassed that I was as drunk as I was. Actually I was fine until we came home and I had a piece of chocolate: after that I started feeling sick and threw up and sort of blacked out.
    So uh thanks for being a community in which I could gain confidence in being what I am.