1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It Was Better Than I Had Hoped, My Mom Knows

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by CharlesFP, Dec 29, 2012.

1. CharlesFP

limerick PA About 1 hour from Philadelphia
    So I've been trying to tell my mom for about week and a half now, before we went on vacation to see my two aunts who have been together since 2000. I couldn't tell her before we came though, we had a huge party at my house for Christmas with about 90 people. So I never had enough time to talk one on one with my mom.

After getting to Florida, I talked to my aunts until 3 in the mourning. After a few SHORT hours of sleep, I was awoken by there "Roomba automatic vacuum ." It ran into my air mattress about 30 times before I gave up trying to sleep through it. So since I was up at 7:00 am, which I never do, my mom was still having her coffee.

My aunts knew I wanted to tell my mom and the told us we should go out on the landlords dock and just watch the water for a bit. Then my mom started talking about where she and my step-dad were going to live after I moved out. She knows that in going to move north from Pennsylvania to Vermont, and that my brother wants to move south to Georgia.

And she said that she would stay with my brother during the winter, and spend the summers with me, and my wife. Then she said "Or your partner if that is what makes you happy." Her saying that made it so much easier to tell her, I started with "You know I've always been different right."

After I said that she just looked at me and started copyright with tears of joy, and neither of us were able to talk for about fifteen minuets. It was really a bunch of hugs and more tears from both of us. Then even though I'm only 16 and my mom and step-dad are strict about drinking we went back to the house and cracked open beers. This was the first time she ever let me drink and said it will be the last until I'm of age. She told me it was the happiest day of her life, and that she had always known but wanted me to be comfortable telling her.

I know this has been a long post and most people won't read it, I probably wouldn't if it was someone else's. But even if only one person reads it, and it helps them come out then it will be worth typing this for 30 minuets on my phone.

2. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    :slight_smile: That's awesome! What a great mom you have!

3. PeteNJ

Awesome! What guts you have. What a fantastic loving accepting Mom you have!

You must be so happy and proud. So much to be happy about.

4. CharlesFP

It was the best day of my life. There was so much friction between us because I never told her who I was dating, and after today (yesterday now) me and my mom are the closest we have been in years!!

5. Oh my gosh, can I have your mom?!
    Congratulations, though. (*hug*)

6. CharlesFP

Haha, I'm sure a lot of people dream about their parents taking it so well, but unlike my mom, my dad didn't take it at all. He just talked to me today after what feels like weeks for the first time about normal stuff.

7. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    That's awesome that your mom was so accepting!

8. Ianthe

Congratulations!

Your dad will come around. It's still less than a week, right? He just needs some time to work though it.

9. Wndy

Wndy Guest

Your mom sounds awesome. Hopefully she can encourage your dad to be accepting of it.

I hope you enjoyed the beer. :slight_smile:

10. CharlesFP

Ya it has only been like 6 days however it feels like it has been at least three weeks, my parents are divorced and even though I only see him every-other-week, I used to talk to him every day

11. Ianthe

When are you supposed to see him again?

12. CharlesFP

I see him on the third of January, the every other week thing doesn't really work during the holidays.

#12 CharlesFP, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  13. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    that's great,lucky you (&&&) i wish my mum was like that

14. Draco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dude so awesome! I'm happy for you!

15. Sayu

Wow, this is such a beautiful story (*hug*) Congratulations! (*hug*) Thanks for sharing it! (&&&)