1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was expecting...more?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by CinePhys, Dec 30, 2012.

1. CinePhys

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So a little back story : I told my mum a good 2 or 3 years ago, and she told my dad (by my request) since then (No idea when). I forget that I asked her to tell him, so I poke my head round the door of his office at home and basically explain nervously. Both of them have a "Yeah, fine, whatever." kind of attitude, where mum is a bit more 'motherly' which I suppose is to be expected.

I'm just puzzled by their lack of questioning/being intrigued. Neither of them seem to 'care'. No questions what so ever. I know they're fine with it, it's not like they're trying to just forget or anything like that. I was just expecting something a bit more....

I know I'm lucky to have parents that are accepting (and they are accepting), I just feel a little underwhelmed. Any basis for this? Or am I just attention seeking? :dry: :grin:

2. JRed

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Maybe they don't see being gay as a big deal? or they knew all along (A lot of parents are like this) Very lucky to have such understanding parents!

3. CinePhys

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know I'm lucky, which is why I feel like a bit of an arse posting, was just trying to find out why I'm feeling like I am about this :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: