1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

things are good again :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by hatethiscloset, Jan 5, 2013.

1. hatethiscloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For those of you who have been reading my other posts, you know that I have at this point come out to my 3 best friends and all are fine with it. For the longest time, though, I still felt incredibly down most of the time and I'm not exactly sure why. Because even though 3 people knew, it didn't really matter because nothing had changed, I still had to hide who I was and I still felt really awkward about it.
    Well all of that seems to have finally changed! I'm not sure why, but this week has been a complete turnaround. I actually spent almost an hour "exchanging notes" with my best girl friend about what celebrities we thought were attractive. As the time went on my responses changed from just nodding to saying HES SOOOO HOT lol. And then yesterday I was with my other 2 friends watching movies and stuff, and all of a sudden I found myself saying out loud "wow this character is hot" and variations of that. The thing that is most shocking to me is, they actually don't care! My one guy friend doesn't ignore my comments, he just goes along with them lol. In addition to THAT, this guy is just being all around the best friend I have ever known, for multiple reasons I won't go into lol. Idk I just feel incredible, I haven't been this happy in quite a while :slight_smile:

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm so glad you have such understanding friends, and that you're doing so well! (*hug*)

3. PatyR

Congratulations! It's great to have friends, isn't it? :grin:
    Haha it sounds soooo nice... I feel like I wanna dance when it happens around my mom, then I can imagine how you feel right now! Good luck (&&&)

4. shovelman

I know the feeling, after I told my next best friend that I was gay she was really accepting and now I find my self telling her things I could never imagine telling someone also things have been better for my first best friend and I, we now talk a lot more about me being gay he expresses his opinion on certain matters and we just have become a lot closer than before because now I can really talk to him without hiding facts from him and things are great between my two best friends and I.

5. Rexmond

That's the power that friendship brings. :slight_smile:

I know exactly how it feels to have a friend who is perfectly accepting and honestly doesn't care. :grin: Actually, it's so awesome to force your friend to listen to you going on and on about all the hot guys you'd do or go out with, and he just sits there like "omg... Hurry up".

Can't ever take best friends for granted, and I'm happy to hear everything's alright for you.