1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by LateNightWolf, Jan 6, 2013.

1. LateNightWolf

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Over the past few months I think I've come along way. Everyone at my school knows as well as my parents and family over at my moms house. I'm a person who is very open and doesn't really care what others think except the ones who matter.
    For awhile I've struggled with telling the people over at my dads house. I'm not really afraid of what my dads thinks but mostly his reaction-if he disowned me I probably wouldn't be able to see my three siblings that live over there.

But really I couldn't put up with it much. So this weekend I came out.

First I told my step-mom. I don't know what it is with me telling my step-parents and crying but I did. I told her I had a girlfriend. She comforted me and told me that I had her full support. She also had a brother who was gay and he committed suicide in college. :icon_sad:

Today while we were driving home I decided to tell my dad. The entire car ride all I was thinking about was what and how I would say it, it had been nagging me all day. So when we were down the street I said, "Hey dad. You know all the times you asked me if I had a boyfriend? I actually have a girlfriend."

He thinks it's just a phase but is supportive about it. He said I'd probably get over it by the time I went to college.

Thinking about it now I'm kinda mad about the 'it's just a phase thing but I'm very elated that I have support- even if it's not really the right kind and they think I'm lesbian and not a pansexual 5. (but sense I prefer girls over boys it kinda works out)

Although they don't see all of me (since I decided against saying I was pan.) I'm glad to have told them and I plan to tell my siblings over there next weekend (I'll post how that goes). Thank you for reading. :icon_bigg

Extra Note- The reason I didn't tell them I was pan is because I don't think they would understand that.

2. Ticklish Fish

well, congratulations!

at least you're starting simple lol

3. shovelman

Congrats! you did it now you can be yourself around other people, good for you :slight_smile:

4. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

5. PeteNJ

Great -- be proud you're standing up for who you are!

I'm realizing about this coming out thing -- that the people you tell have to process, too. I know its annoying to have your Dad say its a phase.... let him process. Without a doubt he loves and supports you -- that you should celebrate to yourself!

6. LateNightWolf

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you! I'm going to gradually tell my dad about being pan and hopefully he'll realize it's not just a phase.
    I've found the family in my dads is surprisingly more accepting than I thought they would be. Today I told my half-brother since my younger siblings wouldn't really understand (They are 3 and 4). I simply pulled up my face book and scrolled around casually. My brother saw my now single status- after having an arguement I couldn't get over with my girlfriend. He asked who I broke up with and I explained she used to be my girlfriend.
    He looked really shocked but I was able to explain top him me being pan and most other stuff. And after things went completely back to normal and we watched the Halo movie he brought over.

Again I'm really glad it went so well, I was prepared for the worse. It's hard to put into words.

Thank you to listening/reading. I hope that others who are going to come out will be fine and can safe.

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats!! I glad to hear that co ing out to your family has gone so well!!

It took my dada bit to realize that me being gay was not a phase. So, give him some time and he'll come around. It good that he has given you his support though!