1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I... Actually Did It

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Emberblaze, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Emberblaze

Me and my mom were sitting around talking about college and serious matters and stuff about fifteen minutes ago. During conversation, I asked her if she had looked at the christmas gift I made her, a little flip book of like 40 of my favorite quotes from video games, songs, and stuff and even a few from some LGBT movies like curiosity of chance and you should meet my son.

Anyways, I had been sitting there for a while just wanting to tell her I was gay and while I was contemplating this, I began to grow a distant, anxious look on my face, and my mom noticed it. So, here's how it went:

"What're you thinking about?" my mom asked me as she noticed the growing look of anxiety that had sprawled across my despondent face.

"Eh, nothing," I muttered without looking at her as the concealed words lay trapped in my stomach, eating away at my very soul as they wished to be expressed.

"It's something," my mom insisted. "Is there something you wanna tell me?"

And it begins. No backing out of it now. I thought as I tried to avoid eye contact with all my might.

"Is there something you want to ASK me?" I countered, still refusing to make eye contact.

"Do you WANT me to know?" mom cocked her head to the side.

God knows how much I want to tell you... I just can't get the words out! I screamed inwardly as I tried to summon forth the words from my lungs.

"Is it about relationships..." suddenly, the room pulsed at my mom's question. She had scored a critical hit right at the nail's weakpoint.

Suddenly, I couldn't even breathe correctly. Each rasp was full of fragmented anxiety. I stared with such force into thin air, hoping that I could somehow escape the dimension that I was currently in.

And then, I felt my mom's warming arm wrap around me.

"It's okay," she whispered.

Man, that was corny... I couldn't help smirking inwardly, the comic relief helping to soothe my shaking nerves.

"Do you want to talk about it?" she asked genuinely.

"Actually, not really," I smiled as the burden was taken off of my chest. "I just wanted the fact out in the air, I didn't really need any advice or anything."

So, that's pretty much how it went. We did end up talking about it for like an hour. She genuinely wanted to understand it and asked how i know and all taht. She WAS zetta worried that someone was gonna try to hurt me because of it and all. And she was saddened that I had kept it from her for two years.

But I emphasized that it was no sweat. I was fine with it and everything so there was nothing to worry about. She told me not to bring some douchebag jerk home though, which made me laugh.

Although, she did tell me she probably wasn't ready to see me holding hands with another guy yet, but i told her not to worry because I'm far from a relationship (though she thought my best friend was my boyfriend lols). But I respected her honesty with it. I hope she got everything off her chest and asked all the questions she needed to know.

But it just feels so weird. I never thought I would have been in the situation. It felt so phantasmal, that when I got up to walk, my legs felt unreal. Aaah, but i'm just glad it's done. :thumbsup:

2. Ianthe

That was my response to coming out, too--everything felt surreal for a little while.

Congratulations on coming out! Now, send your mom to PFLAG. There, she can talk to other parents whose kids have come out to them, and that way she won't go through her emotional process alone.

3. Given To Fly

Congrats :slight_smile:

And lucky you for having a cool mom :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

4. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, that's such a great reaction! You have a great mom :slight_smile:

Congratulations!

5. I'm glad to hear it went so well. :slight_smile:

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome! I'm glad to hear that she reacted so well!!

7. LateNightWolf

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  8. Emberblaze

Heh, thanks guys. You always see these "came out to mom" threads. It feels funny when you're actually the author of one

9. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It is surreal when it happens. If I had had an account on EC when I came out to either of my parents I would've written mine on here too!

Congrats! I'm so glad you found the courage to come out to her, and now you can both have a relationship built on honesty! Love love love the story! So proud of you!
    (*hug*)

10. Chickenlover

...trees and rocks and rocks and trees and WATER!
    Congratulations! Your mom is awesome.

11. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations!! you´re mom is so cool! I envy you so much right now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. shovelman

Congrats! I found it really funny how she thought your friend was your boyfriend XP

13. PeteNJ

So great -- fantastic Mom you've got -- she's there for you!

14. Kay

Kay Guest

Your mom is so loving and open. She is wonderful. Congrats. hugs

15. Shiny Espeon

Congrats! I'm glad to find another story about someone who just wanted to put their sexuality out there. Doesn't it feel better to just know that she knows?

16. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, not only is it an awesome story... but you are an awesome writer. I teared up a little reading it. You should definitely continue writing. :slight_smile:

17. Emberblaze

Lols yeah cuz she wasn't the only one to think that! EVERYONE that i've come out to so far asked the same thing, or either thought HE was the gay one.

Thanks, I actually write a lot in my spare time. I've started like six stories and finished two of em, so I'm certainly pushing to be a published author someday! ^^

Yep, it truly does feel much better. I know she'd PREFER me to be straight, honestly, but over time, I know she'll accept it. I've had my whole life to come to terms with it, so, it's only fair to give her time as well.

18. Shiny Espeon

I know what you mean about that. I kept it in for almost 10 years. If my mom has/had any issues with me (she doesn't, thank God) I'd give her a lot of time to work them out.

19. Rexmond

*hugs* you epicly set the scene, I could picture it in my mind as if I was there! Seriously though, supercongratilations. It is amazing to let all that burden, and what it carries, off ya chest.

I had to smile too when reading what your mum said about bringing a jerk! xD

20. Emberblaze

Heh yeah, it was an awkward moment, but i'm glaad it's done