1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's a shame

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Kay, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Kay

Kay Guest

Hugs everyone. Know you are all beautiful people and radiate love. These are some things i have thought for a long time. Maybe we can all make a huge list.

It's a shame we have to first accept our own sexuality when straight people don't. They just seem to go with the flow.

It's a shame we have to come out and let others know our sexuality is different.

It's a shame we have to fear hurting others when we do come out when straight people don't have to worry.

It's a shame in many cases some still need to hide their girlfriends and or boyfriends from family, friends, work and at school.

It's a shame we have to defend our sexuality to so many who do not understand.

It's a shame many hate us just because we exist as LGBTQ.

Follow along and add your own comments. Start with It's a shame...

2. Given To Fly

It's a shame some people can't seem to just live and let live.

But, what we all face makes us stronger (&&&)

3. Shiny Espeon

It's a shame people can't be more open and accepting.

4. Kay

Kay Guest

Thanks you sweeties for adding to the list.

5. Rexmond

It's a shame that our parents may not love us the same way they do when we come out.

6. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

It's a shame that we can't just be who we are, who want to be, or who we're meant to be.

It's a shame we can't love who we fall for, just because they are a certain sex.

It's a shame that we have to live in a world that tells us we're not good enough...when we are.

7. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Its a shame we need to live a double life sometimes

BUT I also think being gay is a blessing. Its not easy but we have a chance to impact the world through being different an seeing things in a different light. I wouldnt have it any other way :slight_smile:

8. Shiny Espeon

It's a shame that unconditional love for your children can be conditional after all, when it comes to sexuality.

9. shovelman

It's a shame that people who say that love us unconditionally can change their mind in split second when we come out.

10. Ticklish Fish

well, the world take time to progress... it took a lot of time from major racism and major sexism to minor of both... (like some people still are that traditional)

11. Phoenixaaa

It's a shame that I'll have to drop dead weight coming into my new life, but that's just part of the jouney which makes things so much easier.

12. Kay

Kay Guest

Thanks for sharing lists make the list huge sweeties. :icon_bigg

It's a shame when one of us is beaten because of our orientation.

It's a shame when we find graffiti on our vehicles calling us names.

I agree with BoiGeorge when he says he is proud and we have the opportunity to change the world.

It's a shame we have to change the world to be accepted.

13. It's a shame some of us must worry about being abandoned by those who are closest to us.

14. It is a shame when people are arrested and killed- for being LGBTQ.

15. starmarie

starmarie Guest

It's a shame that some people use hurtful words to describe us and call us names. It's a shame that these people think it's funny to do so.

16. Kay

Kay Guest

It's a shame that there are jokes about ethnicity and orientation.
    It's a shame that we live in a world where we are hated.

17. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's a shame that so many people have felt they needed to end their own lives due to their sexualities.

It's a shame that groups are formed to pick on any minority groups and aren't stopped.

It's a shame that we're compared to pedaphiles, those who partake in beastiality, and other sexual "abnormalities."

It's a shame that people have been killed or bullied for something that in the long run is just a small part of them.

It's a shame that so many in the past have had to marry for convenience and feel they were being raped every night just because they couldn't be true to themselves.

It's a shame that people use the bible's words to cause us so much harm, rather than to help the needy and truly downtrodden.

It's a shame people look at us as "sinners" when they once considered us friends and family.

It's a shame that we feel we cannot trust anyone, and sometimes turn to a vicious cycle of drugs and alcohol to escape our pain.

It's a shame it's taken the world so long to consider gay rights.

(On a lighter note) It's a shame we have to look so much harder to find a date!

It's just a crying shame.

18. curlycats

+1 @myheartincheck

it's a shame that so many people go for years feeling as if they're a freak of nature because awareness of their sexuality is so lacking/nonexistant.

it's a shame that the world can be so cruel. (in general)

19. AlexisAnne

It's a shame that people fear and hate what they don't understand or what is.different.

It's a shame that said people feel such a need to indoctrinate others with their narrow view points.

It's a shame that earning the trust, respect, and love of others often costs us our own self respect.

It's a shame that fear of the world and their reactions to us holds us back from trusting and opening up to the truly good people in our lives.

And, last but certainly not least, It's a shame that it took me 30 years of my life to find the strength and resolve to be who I truly am and let the world face me on my terms.

20. Given To Fly

It's a shame that so many of us feel that the only way they will find peace, is in death :frowning2:

I thought like that for quite some time, thankfully I now see things differently.