1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told My Best Friend/Crush!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by TheQuietTreader, Jan 8, 2013.

1. TheQuietTreader

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I came out to my best friend today! And it went all good! If you want to skip to the reaction part skip to the paragraph that begins with "Well, the next day". I asked about a week ago if I should come out to this person, and everyone said I should. If you want to see that thread its titled ¨Should I come out to this person?". Im not going to explain everything in detail. Except, he comes from a kindof rich conservative background so the only reason I felt safe telling him is because I suspected he was gay. Also, just to put it out there. he's pretty lean but built cause we're both in cross country. And hes really nice.
    Anyways let me cut to the chase. Yesterday I tried to tell him during 1st period to meet me during Core/Flex, but didn't tell him where. Core/Flex is a time when, if you have good grades, you get free time. If you have low grades, you have to get them higher. Back to the point, I asked him to meet me in Core/Flex, but didn't tell him where cause the class period ended and I used that moment to chicken out and not tell him a time. I felt really bad later because apparently he spent that whole time (30 minutes) searching for me :/.
    Well, the next day, (which is today) I told him to meet me in our 1st period classroom because thats the only class we have together. I went to meet him, a little late (I had to have the luck to take a long test the class before). He was there, and I said hi and told him why I was late. He said it was ok. Some reason I didn't think about how there would be people in that classroom because the 1st period teacher teaches honors classes. Anyways, we went to the back of the classroom. I was still too nervous so I shakily tore out a piece of paper and wrote ¨I'm gay¨ on it. I could've said funnier things but now I know to do that next time! This is the (second) most awesome part, he then just looked at the paper, back at me, then at the paper, and said "So, how long have you known". I was so tensed up for a homophobic comment that I just laughed. Then we talked about how long I had known it (two years) and some other gay topics(somehow we were just quiet enough to not bring attention to ourselves). What surprised me most as we talked was how he wasn't stereotyping me at all. I told him I had tried to give him hints by telling him about how I watched certain "gay" TV shows and other stereotypical "gay" things. He told me that doesn't mean your gay. I mean I've read stuff about don't let stereotypes influence who you really are, but hearing that from a friend really helped me, and he's not even gay! I should be the one telling him that! So from now on I plan to not go the stereotypical route when coming out. But I still like Next Great Baker and HGTV.
    I even surprised myself today to come out in such a public area.
    Another thing, he told me "this won't change our relationship at all, you know." This was really was the most awesome thing he said for two reasons. 1. My old frie ds used to take advantage of me because I was so mellow, they would be the dominant one, and I would have no voice. This made me feel like we had a balanced relationship. 2. I know that some people will stop being friends, or be very awkward after you tell them you're gay.
    I'm just really blessed to have such an awesome guy in my life! Though I was a little sad he wasn't gay also, cause he really lead me on! But Im not going to pish things any farther because I am more than satisfied with how he felt about it. I also have a quick question? Is there any chance he might still be gay? Is it possible to not want to come out even though a good friend just did? Cause I doubt he would've been so ready for that kind of conversation if he was so surprised that I am gay. Thank you EC!

2. MrAwkward

MrAwkward Guest

Awesome to hear he was so good about it, congrats!! :grin: When I came out to my friend, he didn't come out to me until like the 2nd or 3rd time I saw him next. So yeah, he could still be gay, but try not to get your hopes up too much! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. cscipio

Congrats!

4. FrankieUK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well done!, i almost cried reading this :slight_smile:

5. jimL

Congrads.......I'm so happy for you. That's a great story. Yep, he could be, but guess you'll just have to wait for him to say something. Awesome!

6. TKM

TKM

Congrats! I'm so happy for you, glad it went well!

7. Dalmatian

I'm loving you kids (nhf) approaching this so brilliantly! :slight_smile: Well done, you should be proud of yourself :thumbsup:

8. jit

jit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :icon_bigg:icon_bigg

9. theskywreck

Good job! It's great when friends are really supportive!

10. Salazar

Nice work!

11. TheQuietTreader

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks everyone! Especially TKM you gave me the courage to ask him thanks soooo much! And Frankie you really almost cried reading this? I just am curious why.