1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else uncertain about coming out more?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by suninthesky, Jan 12, 2013.

1. suninthesky

Wow. I never thought I'd post here. I came out to a friend and an aunt in the last couple days! Both of them asked me about it.

My aunt was very good about it! I have a gay cousin, so I knew she would be okay with it. I even told her I wanted to go through with HRT after college, and she was fine with it. I told her I understood if she didn't understand because it's hard to imagine if you don't feel the same way, but she said she was trying to understand. She also said it makes sense and that's why she asked.

My friend also was totally fine with it. She pretty much knew before I told her. I don't know how I feel about her knowing though. I don't know how I feel about anyone knowing.

It felt really good to tell my aunt, but with my friend, it made me feel more uncertain, and nervous, even though she was fine with it. Has anyone else felt this way?

2. shovelman

Well it makes sense to feel this way because you have just told them a secret that no one else knows and you may feel exposed because you have held that secret and now its out.

3. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Yeah. Since my coming out was rough and awkward I'm always hesitant and weary about coming out in the future to others. I just want to avoid those bad feelings associated with my first main coming out.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I felt uncertain after coming out as well. As above posters have said, it's probably because your secret is now out there for a few people to know.

I know when I was coming out, I felt really exposed because I didn't have to put the fake me out there anymore.