1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The first (and only) person I've come out to.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by TARDISDude, Jan 13, 2013.

1. TARDISDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Being mostly in the closet, having that one friend who I could tell first was so important for me. My best friend and I were in the same Filmmaking class and we were sitting in a seminar with a guest lecturer. This dude was a really hot British guy with a perfect body. My friend caught me staring right at him the whole time. We never said anything that day, but before I went to bed I texted her. I said "About this afternoon, I should probably explain..." She said OK and I told her I was gay. From that point (about 7 months ago), I have told her everything. I told her all the ups and downs of the coming out process. Now I'm getting ready to tell other people, with our friendship stronger than ever. :slight_smile:

Anyone else have that one friend who was there from the start? Share below!

2. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    That's wonderful that your friend has been so supportive! I have a friend that is a lesbian and she helped me through coming out to my parents. It's a great feeling to have friends that are so accepting :slight_smile:

3. Haley M

Haley M Guest

Having that support is priceless! I an happy for you that you have that!

4. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

Yeah, the first person I came out to was a friend who is a lesbian, so it made things a lot easier since she knew the feelings and things I was going through! And I'm happy you have somebody who you're able to talk to!! :slight_smile:

5. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have a best friend who I l

---------- Post added 17th Feb 2013 at 09:44 PM ----------

*who I l

---------- Post added 17th Feb 2013 at 09:45 PM ----------

Crap my stupid iPod is glitching.

Anyways, I have a close friend who I'm so ready to come out to, it's driving me crazy. I'm sure it will make our friendship stronger too XD

6. Bassplayer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nice! The first person I ended up telling was a friend who was not super close to me but also gay. He was super supportive, and it was very helpful! We were texting about coming out one night, and he ended up asking if he could talk about it with some mutual friends who happened to run the GSA at my school. He told them with my consent, and although I wish I could have been there when he was talking about it with them, everything went well and they have been nothing but supportive!