1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's been nearly a year now

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by IrisM, Jan 13, 2013.

1. IrisM

It's been nearly a year now, since I first came out to my best friend. Last year I had hit rock bottom, I was beaten, broken, I had not the tiniest shred of hope left in me that I would ever be ok. And right when I was lowest, I lost my grandmother, one of the few people who had ever been truly kind to me. I thought to myself when she was gone, that she had gone not knowing why I kept myself distant, perhaps she didn't know I loved her.

That thought was unbearable. The thought that I might alienate people I care about in my pain. So, I took a leap of faith. My friend had been my pillar of support and friendship for years. This was the person I chose to come out to first. I gathered my courage, but not before one final glance over at my grandmother's necklace, and I came out as transgender.

I had searched inside for the words that could possibly explain why this was, how I felt, down to the first time I felt that way. I told him of my life, I told him of who I was on the inside, told him I was a dissapearing twin, possibly even intersex.

And yet, the strangest thing happened. He accepted me.

Never in all my life, did I ever imagine I would find such a person, that I would deserve such a friend. With his support, I came out to my family, and then I came here. I was scared at first, but I met all of you wonderful people. I've shared myself with people from all over the world, told my stories and heard so much more from others, so many resonating with my own.

And now here I am, today. Nearly a year later. Where I was beaten and broken, I am hopeful and learning to love myself. Where I saw no future, I have applied to college and secured Hormone treatment. I never imagined it really could, but, just maybe, it really can get better. Thanks for being here. (&&&)

2. That is a wonderful story, I'm glad to hear that you have come so far! (*hug*)

3. kc1895

Thanks for the inspiration! I know coming out is never easy, but your story is very encouraging. :slight_smile:

4. Colours

Thanks for sharing! It shows that it really does get better. I'm glad it did for you.

5. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's awesome. :grin: I know how good it is to find someone truly close and accepting to confide in.