1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smashed the closet door in one day.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Those Eyes, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Those Eyes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I recently registered here, and I'd like to share my experience with coming out of the closet.

Let me start off by saying; A week before I told people, I had absolutely NO intentions of telling anyone I was gay. Telling people would be the most "stupid" thing I could ever do. At least that's what I thought... Even though I had stopped talking about girls(faking) a long time ago, telling people was a big no no for me.

(25th sep 2012)
    Then of course... a good friend of mine who I've had a huge crush on for months asks me if something is wrong. He thought I looked sad. At that moment I opened the first lock on my closet. I told him; I'll explain in to you tomorrow, ok?. Surely he kept nagging me about what was wrong the entire day. In class, all I could think of was what to say (this all happened in school btw).
    Should I just tell him I'm gay? No.. I couldn't tell him, what if I'd be the biggest mistake of my life?

The clock went slow before the school day was over. I was going to walk home with him after class. The nagging continued and I told him to start guessing what it was (I would never be able to say; I'm gay. That's why I did it this way)

I gave him loads of clues and he finally got to the question "Are you gay?". I thought my brain would collapse at that point.. I said YES. At first he wouldn't believe it, but after some talking I got him to believe me. He was of course very shocked, but he handled it very well, and said some nice things which cheered me up :wink:

It was strange really.. after I told my friend about me, telling others seemed like no problem at all. I told a different friend just minutes later. He asked me what me and friend 1 were talking about, and I replied; Me. What about you he said.. then I showed him the gay pride flag on my mobile phone.
    Making him believe me was a lot more difficult, but his acceptance has been perfect.

It was done. I had told two close friends about me, and they both responded happily :eusa_danc

The rest went fairly easy. I posted about it on another forum, and sent the thread link to 3 more friends. I said that it wasn't a secret at all, so they were allowed to tell others.

1 week passed and everyone in my town knew. It spread so fast! I went to a party one night, and everything revolved around me and when, how, why I was gay :lol:

Let me finish up. No one had any suspicions that I might be gay except my mother. She had always sensed that I was different. This post is getting too long, so I'll end it here.

Feel free to ask me any questions you might have. And no, I do not regret telling anyone. It is probably the wisest decision I have ever made :wink:

I apologize for any grammar mistakes :slight_smile:

2. mothcaterpillar

I wanted to tell my school councillor today but I chickened out because my heart started beating faster thinking about it
    How do you overcome it or do you just have to jump and hope the ground is soft?

3. Those Eyes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Me personally, would never be able to say "Yeah, I'm gay". I'm not sure why. I guess it's just how I am.

Telling your councilor is a great idea. Maybe you could try doing what I did? Make them ask the questions. Tell him/her that you are struggling with something which is hard to tell anyone. And educated councilor will most likely understand where you are trying to go.

Trust me, saying "Yes" instead of "I am gay" is a lot easier :slight_smile: Have you told anyone else, or is the councilor the first you have tried?

4. mothcaterpillar

I nearly.told my.parents but ended up turning it into a feminist rant (they.called me a girl)
    I have only spoon to the councillor once before and that was just her asking if I was settling into post 16 plus it is very alien for me to talk about feelings and stuff ive collected a lot of metaphorical bottles

5. Those Eyes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course it's hard. It's very hard ^^. But you will have a lot harder time walking around in silence.

What do you mean your parents called you a girl? What did you say?

6. mothcaterpillar

Im trying to come out as ftm I cant remember what caused my dad to call me girl usually when he is rubishly pretending to be angry about something he'll say girl or woman
    Ill see if I can.copy what I wrote on my thread

---------- Post added 14th Jan 2013 at 03:18 PM ----------

I nearly told my parents today my dad.called me a girl n I said Im not then.he said woman and lady and I said no to all n he said you.cant be.a boy cos boys have little dangly parts and girls dont then he said you dont cos boys have little dangly parts and girls dont then he said you dont have.dangly bits n I said I dont know he then said are you trying to tell us something n he wouldnt mind if I did have something to tell have.dangly bits n I said I dont know he then said are you trying to tell us have.dangly bits n I said I dont know he then said are you trying to tell us something n he wouldnt mind if I did have something to tel I.then.chickened out n went silent n I went a bit feminist when he said woman cos in English.we are.learning about gender and it means of man I cant remember.exact words but this was about it