1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice For Mass Coming Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Emberblaze, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Emberblaze

Now that I've recently come out to my mom, I'm ready to just be open and out at school and in public and what not, but, I can't really come to a good way to go about it (let it be known that a facebook post is my LAST resort)

So at first, since my school's really strict about us wearing ID's, I just made a rainbow pride flag and stuck it inside of my school ID pouch for all to see. Well, that gave me absolutely ZERO responses.

So, I took it another step and constructed my own pride bracelet. I got the six colors of ribbon I needed and pulled out some construction tape. I made the tape into a circle, leaving the sticky part on the outside, and wrapped the ribbon around it to form a rainbow. (I promise, it looks a lot better than it sounds!) Considering the fact that it's this large, 4-inch, gaudy rainbow bangle on my arm, I was SURE people would notice it, but, I reckon either they didn't notice, didn't understand what I meant by it, or just didn't bother to comment on it.

Anybody have any other ideas? More importantly, does anyone have any creative ideas for crafting little gay pride trinkets? I've grown rather fond of the rainbow actually and I'm EAGER to make some homemade (and albeit simple) accessories. ^^

2. BudderMC

As I understand it, being out is more the state of mind that if someone asks, you're comfortable with answering honestly, not so much that EVERYONE has to know.

That said, if you're looking to just 'be out', I think what you're already doing is great. If you're looking for everyone to know, you need to do something more blatant and obnoxious... like a Facebook post.

3. Last Gentleman

Write "I'm gay" across your forehead?

Really, just say a couple of things outloud like "he's cute" or "I wonder if he'd go out with me". School gossip will spread the word fast enough.

4. Emberblaze

Yeah, I guess you're right eh. I mean, I DO feel pretty "out" already just by doing what I'm doing. I guess for whatever reason, I DO feel the urge to shout it out to the world, heh so I guess thats what my goal is, but that ought not matter too much i suppose ^^

Heh, true dat about gossip. Before I even decided to walk onto campus clad in my lil rainbow trinkets, my bestfriend told me like 10 people has asked him if I'm gay already.

I think I just wan't people to come to ME for the answer instead of gossiping or asking my friends. Eh, I guess when you get excited about somethin, you just wanna sing it out to the WOOOOOOOOORLD!

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heh, casually talking about cute guys is great. Even if a group you're with knows you're gay, it's still fun to point out cuties. :grin:

6. FunnyMonkey

What about a "nobody knows I gay" t- shirt?