1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advices!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Wowguy, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Wowguy

Hola everyone. :slight_smile: so I'm a guy and I'm turning 17 soon. Less then a week ago I came out to my bestfriend. She took it very very well, she was very happy for me. It brought us even closer. I could not ask for a better friend. Now. The hard part is still up.I love my parents so much. And they love me very much too. I'm a bit scared coming out to them. The other day, my grandma made a comment about me being married to a woman, having kids ( blah blah blah) I'm front of my parents. I gave this weird look and I was like, "okay, sure" Didn't really care much. Anywho. It's very had for me, because I don't like lying to my parents. My friend ( who I came out to) told me, that if our friendship is strong enough to handle this, than my parents would and should absolutely 100% support me. I know they would, but something is holding me back. I'm very scared. Anyways, that's my story. Feel free to contact me and write amy comments that could help me. Cheers!

2. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats on coming out! :grin:
    For your parents, if they love you, hopefully they will accept you. I was lucky, I thought it would be horrible when I told my parents, but they reacted almost perfectly. Even though they said horrible things before. So you never know. I know it's very scary though, VERY scary. But you can do it, if you want to. For me, it still feels awkward, but sooo much better not having in my head CONSTANTLY anymore. Good luck!

3. Naomilly92

Congratulations on coming out, if you're still scared about coming out to your family, my advice would be to come out to more friends, the more you do it, the more comfortable you'll feel about coming out, then coming out to your family should be easier. Best of luck :slight_smile:

4. shovelman

I agree with The Escapist, just a few days ago when I came out to my Dad I though he was going to react in a very negative way and even though at some point in our conversation it started to sound like he wasn't accepting it it turned out that he was scared for me because he knows that gay people are looked down upon and things of the sort. So it's natural to feel scare because you feel something different than what your parents expect you to but that doesn't make it a bad thing. Also remember when your time comes to let them know they might not be as accepting at first but that's because they have to come in terms with it and I'm sure you didn't just wake up one day and said I'm gay so give them time or they could be completely accepting and you won't have to worry about anything. Best of luck and be true to your self :slight_smile:

5. TARDISDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm 16 and everything you just said is exactly me. Like every word. I feel ya. :\

6. Wowguy

Thank you everybody. It feels very good that people got your back! You're all very kind!:icon_bigg (*hug*)