1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pretty much lonely.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Wowguy, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Wowguy

Being alone is not the same as being lonely.
    I feel pretty lonely. Imm turning 17.I came out to my best friend, and she took it very very well. About 3 months ago, after class, she told me: " is there something you wanna talk about? You know you're literarily my best friend and you're a guy. And you're nice. TOO NICE to be hones. You know, your sexuality is nothing to do with friendship, and if you're gay, I don't care, I'll still love you and always will :slight_smile: " And I said, nope, not really. I wasn't ready to tell anyone. I knew I was gay Since, about 5 years form now. I think I might wait. Little bit before I tell my parents. Anywho- it feels good that at least one person I know and love , truly knows who I really am. It's good to talk to her about things, and now, I can finAlly talk to someone about guys :icon_wink So, eventually I want to come out fully, to everyone one- well to the ones that matter. If somebody else knows, then I don't care. I just want my parents to know beforehand, because I wanna respect them. I don't want them to know forum someone else, or something like that. The main reason I came out to y best friend, is because I felt depressed. I said " I can't go to bed, and think that nobody knows who I really am, and I don't wanna lie Anymore." So even though she knows, and it feels good, I still feel very depressed. I'm gonna hang out with her on the weekend and talk through this. ( it's not the first time she sees me in person since I told her) Nowadays I would just sit in my room and desperately wanna do something about this. People don't know how damn hard it can be that you're surrounded by your family - the people who love you- and hide and hide and hide. I started feeling very lonely. I would really Appreciate it someone- or more- could talk to me about it in this forum, or via private messaging. It feels like its eating me from the inside, and I can't do anything. Sorry for Boring you All about my life, but this is the only place I could write down what and how I fell. Thanks again for reading, And I hope someone can contact my vi messaging. CHEERS TO ALL!:slight_smile:

#1 Wowguy, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  2. Naomilly92

I know what it's like, being around close family and not being able to be honest about yourself. Just hang in there, it won't be like this forever, eventually you'll be ready to come out to your family, and when that happens, you'll feel so comfortable with them, I promise. As for your friend, stick with her, she sounds amazing, I love females, this is because I find them so easy to talk to and I have a lot of close girl friends because of it

3. Wowguy

Thank you so much. Yes she is amazing. And so are you :slight_smile:

4. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even though my family is very accepting, I don't want to tell them because I don't want to be put on the spotlight. I hate it...

5. Wowguy

Yeah, I know how you feel

6. Silverbells000

Yeah I know what you mean, I know I have friends but I always feel a little extra weird around my friends that don't know I'm a lesbian...I feel alone but I'm not lonely, if that makes sense. When it comes to my family, I think they would accept me but I can't take that chance, anyone else feel this way?

7. Wowguy

Yeah, I feel you sis! Don't worry. Everything will be fine eventually :slight_smile:

8. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You have no idea how close that description was to my life, (minus the fact that I won't be coming out anytime soon) I really want to tell my best friend, and I'm sure she will understand like your friend did. And yes, I am surrounded by family/friends, but since none of them really know what I deal with, I gets so lonely.

9. Wowguy

Hmm.. What I recommend, is that if you think that your friendship is strong enough, you should tel her/him. About family, I think you should wait a bit. How old are you? I definitely recommend you wait until you at east 17. Good luck!

10. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    is there a chance your parents might already know?
    Parents sometimes pick up on these things...well mine didn't but, some do.

11. Wowguy

Um, no I don't think so. I mean I'm not really showing it. And by looking at me you can't tell :slight_smile:

12. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm just a sophomore in highschool, so I will definitely wait. But this is about you not me! Let us know how it goes talking things out with your friend!