1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eh, little bit of help?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by GwenCS, Jan 16, 2013.

1. GwenCS

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok, so, I've come to terms with wanting to come out. I've even got a plan together for who I want to tell first. First off, I want to tell one of my best friends who I happen to be crushing on slightly, then a couple of other friends I know will be accepting. However, my best friend, we haven't actually been able to see each other for a while, which sucks. I'm not going to go into detail on why, since it's really unimportant (it's a matter of where exactly we go to school; we don't go to the same one), but I really want to tell him first, since I know he will be accepting of me.

But, I've got this feeling of just, "I really want to come out to SOMEBODY!", and I'm thinking of telling one of my other friends first, simply to get it out, because I'm pretty sure he would be accepting. But, since I have feelings for my best friend, I want him to be the one I come out too, but, I don't know when I will get a chance. We do hang out by playing online games sometimes, but, we never happen to be alone, since some of my other friends that I don't want to tell yet are usually always in the group with us. And, my walls are pretty thin, and I don't really want my family to know just yet, since I've got plans for that.

Should I wait until the next time we meet in person, or tell somebody else first? I know it probably sounds simple, "Just tell somebody else first," but, I want to make my first "coming out" special (I'm very sentimental about things). Any advice? Should I just forget about all this and just scream it out to the world? (I'd like to, but, considering where I live, that doesn't sound much like a good idea, despite how much I want to...) And when I do tell someone, any tips on how to do it?

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you want to make it special and are sentimental about things, then I would definitely wait until you will be meeting up with your best friend so he can be the first like you really want. You'll probably feel crappy about telling someone else first since what you really desire is for your best friend to know before anyone else. It will be worth the wait since you'll be satisfied and did things exactly how you wanted and you'll always have the special memory of coming out to him first.

#2 Lance, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  3. GwenCS

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for the advice. That was what I was probably going to do anyway, I just really wanted a bit of encouragement, just a bit of a push out the door. I know the wait will be worth it, despite the fact it may be months before we see each other in person again. But, I've been waiting since, I think around July or August, maybe earlier, so, I suppose I can wait a bit longer. Again, thank you very much!

4. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was going to say the opposite. You can come out to another friend now, and if your friend asks why you didn't tell him first, you can say it was because you didn't get the chance. He should understand. I think any first time coming out will be special, you know? I say this because I know how frustrating that feeling of needing to come out to someone is, and the relief is great. But if you do want to wait, that's perfectly good too. :slight_smile: Good lucl either way! <3