1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did it, I did it!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by luvlontime, Jan 17, 2013.

1. luvlontime

I finally came out my employee/good friend (the 21 yr old kid) today! I feel so AWESOME that I did. I took me 3 weeks. I will probably ramble from here on, but it feels so good to finally have someone know, and this is how it went:

As I have said in a previous posting, I mentioned to him a few weeks ago that I have something that I want to tell him, but its not the right time. He started jumping to work related stuff...(ie, are we closing down?, am I getting a raise?, etc). I told him no, no, no to all his questions. He kept asking me sporadically throughout the following weeks what it was that I wanted to share. I was hoping he was gonna guess it and I could just say yes, but that never happened! So today, we were in the warehouse by ourselves, and I gave him better answers to his questions rather than just plain no answers. He started with process of elimination to his previous questions (ok, its not this, and its not this, etc). I told him that it is something more private regarding me and its not an easy subject to approach. He then blurted out, jokingly, you're not gay for me are ya, and I said don't flatter yourself!! We laughed. Then he said "you're not getting back with your ex are ya (whom he can't stand), to which I said hell no! Then a customer came in so we paused our Q & A session. When the person left, he had a shit eating grin on his face and said "I think I got it...are you gaaaayyyy?" I said shyly, "maybe". He quickly got a look on his face like WOW, but followed it up with, hmmm, outside of your "always dressed nice routine", no one would know. Then it was instant rapid-fire questions:

HIM: How long have you known you were gay? ME: since I was 7

HIM: But what about your marriage? ME: I thought it would change me

HIM: Is this what caused your split? ME: Part of it. Lost interest & erection problems

HIM: You know I wouldn't come out to anyone in this business (we are in the automotive industry). They would tear you up all the time. ME: I have been holding this secret for 41 years and just having one other person know, I am fine with that for now (he corrected me - 34 years since I said I knew when I was 7!!)

HIM: But you have been with women ME: Only 3 women. More men than (he cut me off - you've been with men? When? In college? When was the last time? I said yea in college and left it at that)

HIM: What kind of men do you like? ME: Ummm... HIM: You know, like in Hollywood? ME: I would have to think about it.

HIM: You know your secret is safe with me. ME: Thanks, I knew you would be cool with it. Please don't tell anyone, not even (name (his girlfriend)). I will tell more when I am ready.

HIM: What made you want to come out? ME: Tired of living with this secret. There is a video on youtube I want you (him) to watch - its Ricky Martin (which he is a huge fan of) talking to Oprah about his coming out. Please watch just the first 15 mins and you'll understand what it like to live with the secret.

At this point some other employees came back in the buillding and we stopped the conversation. You could see his mind just running a hundred miles a minute and I was still a little "freaked out" that I actually came out to him. He texted me while everyone was in the building and it went like this:

HIM: Dude its all good. Just relax. Its really not a big deal. Doesnt change my opinion about you...if anything I respect you more now. Takes a lot to bring that out yourself...no ones gonna know...your secrets safe with me...be happy

ME: Thx. U don't know how hard it has been to live this way my whole life w/o telling anyone. Support really helps.

HIM: Just relax, you'll be fine.

He left work and I gave him a couple hours before I contacted him. I wanted to give him time to absorb the big news. Here's how that went:

ME: U over the shock yet? Im not gonna harp on it, but thanks for not freaking out on me

HIM: Its all good. You know I wouldn't freak out

Is he just the coolest ever. I am really lucky to have his friendship. He's a really great person. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

2. MerBear

congratulations :grin: and he sounds like a great person , im glad you got a friend like that.

3. Gerit

Congratulations!

4. PeteNJ

Fantastic -- you did it!

5. SparkDT

Wow, congrats! :slight_smile:

6. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    Congratulations! You're lucky to have such an accepting friend :grin:

7. cityofangels

cityofangels Guest

Wow...that's fantastic!!

8. nydtc

Congrats!!!!

It always amazes me watching someone on this website go from "I am gay and don't know what to do" to the "I am gay and so what" stage!!!! And you have gotten there very quickly - your journey is not over but the heavy bag has been off-loaded!!!

9. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
  10. RainbowMan

Congrats - our first (real) person comes one day after each other! Great!

11. wandering i

I'm so happy for you!

12. agonizingnose

congrats bruh:icon_bigg

13. cscipio

Good for you, I bet it was a relief.

14. returning

Hooray! Have two Internet cookies! One for you and one for your friend

15. Lewis

Congrats! I wish one of my friends asked me all those questions, I love the opportunity to be open with people.

16. mothcaterpillar

congratz
    I think I'd completly forget what was actually said in the excitement of letting it out.