1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did it.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by dairyuu, Jan 17, 2013.

1. dairyuu

In my english class, we were all told to write an essay on an event in your teenage years that has had a profound emotional effect on you. After thinking it over and realizing few impactful things have happened other than my coming out in eighth grade, I decided to write about that (note that at my high school, I am only out to one friend). So the essay's all written and turned in and I'll get it back on monday. Just was very matter-of-fact, didn't treat it like some big deal. But I think it's the start of a much-needed process.

2. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    That's wonderful that you felt comfortable writing about that! I hope you get an excellent grade on the essay :grin:

3. Deaf Not Blind

yeah, it is hard to do. I had a similar one, but was to give a presentation too, and was on my personal identity including sexual and gender identity. Everybody else was straight and their birth gender and said "well obviously!" So I tried to make it no big deal. It is a big deal to us though. you are brave dude.

4. MDiiGii

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations! I commend you for being so brave to write about that!