1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Endocrinologist and HRT

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by AlexisAnne, Jan 18, 2013.

1. AlexisAnne

I wasn't extremely sure where to post this, but I'm sure if there is a better place for it, one of the Mods will be happy to move it :slight_smile:

I just wanted to share that when I went in for therapy on Wednesday, one of the first things I did was remind her that we'd just passed the required three month evaluation period and as soon as she realized I was correct, she asked me if I wanted to call and make an appointment with an endocrinologist so that I could start HRT. After an extremely emphatic yes, she gave me the phone number of the Endo that she sends people too and helped me set up an appointment. They're fairly booked up so I have to wait a little bit longer, but I was able to set up an appointment. The closest date they had open was March 5th. It's only about six weeks out, but I know it's going to seem like forever. :slight_smile:

The kicker, with March 5th being the closest opening, is that it also happens to be my birthday, which makes it even a little more exciting in a strange kind of way. There's definitely some symbolism there if nothing else :slight_smile:

I'm extremely excited about this, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit nervous as well. I have no doubt in my mind that its the right thing for me, or that I want to do it. The nervousness simply comes from the fact that, although I've talked to several people who are already on HrT and have some idea of what to expect on an intellectual level, experiencing it is a completely different animal. I also have a healthy awareness that to date, this is the biggest step I've taken in my life and I'm coming up on a moment where things, for better or worse, are going to be different, a defining moment of sorts.

Anyway, I'm just really excited about this, and thought I would share it with all of you :slight_smile:

2. Kay

Kay Guest

Lexi honey I am so excited for you dear. This is wonderful news. Congratulations.

3. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is awesome! I am so happy for you! I happen to somewhat believe in fate, so this is definitely a wonderful thing. It's the ultimate birthday present. Congratulations! (*hug*)

4. AlexisAnne

Thank you both!

I'm actually with you on this one. I believe in fate to a degree, and the idea of things happening in their appointed time and place. There's just something about this that makes me feel like it was meant to happen on my birthday, and it makes the waiting and procrastinating I've done over the years seem like there may have been a purpose to it.