1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused. Some help?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Wowguy, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Wowguy

Okay, so ,let me start by saying, that I appreciate all the support I get in this forum. It feels great. Anyways, I came out to my mother yesterday. Woo-hoo:icon_bigg Now that she knows, she started asking me questions like, " it's okay, I love you no what, but how do you know?" It feels a little bit awkward right now. I'm not sure if it will stay awkward, or it goes away with time. I hope it does. Even though it feels great I came out, me and my mom were talking about my dad. She said that maybe we should wait before I tell him. Well at least 1 or two years. I love him, but he can be a tough cookie sometime... Anyways, I feel kinda great, I just feel a bit lonely, because only my best friend, her boyfriend and my mom knows. I dot really like talking about this with my mom, and I don't wanna interrupt my friend all the time, because she has a boyfriend, and yeah... (Btw, they are all very supportive, and cool with it.) The other day, I spent an entire day with her at the mall, talking about it, looking at guys :wink: ( well, I did :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ) My mom keeps on coming in my room, telling me things, like, maybe you should wait before you tell other people, because I have to be very strong, so I won't collapse if I get some nasty comments from other people. It feels very good that she cares about me, I'm only 17 though... Maybe that's a good thing that she tries to help me... Also. It shocked me a bit, that just now, she told me that maybe it's a phase, and it might go away. And then I said, " why? Wild you want it to go away? " she said " Oh, of course not, if you're happy, then I'm happy." Anywho, I'm sorry for boring you all, but I feel a bit miserable. Cheers to all ! :icon_redf

2. shovelman

It's been the same with me and my dad he said he loves me and accepts me no matter what but he fears for my safety and well being by being discriminated or bashed by other people and in our last conversation he asked to find a way to maybe not be gay because I don't make "sense" as a gay guy because I don't act or look remotely gay according to his view of how a gay guy should look or act which had me quite annoyed with him but I'm getting over it because I know that he just wants me to live a happy life were I won't be discriminated or be looked down upon by society, but unfortunately for him I like guys not girls and I don't think there's anything wrong with that no matter what other people say because that's the way I feel :/

3. Wowguy

The same thing goes with my mom! The good thing is, they want us to be happy and safe !